Possible URI?

ronstafari

Well battling to get the humidity right in my cages. I think Kai my 5 month Ambilobe is showing signs of RI. A yawn hear or there no popping or crazy gasping. He's still eating like crazy and drinking from his dripper.
Handling- once a week to clean cage thoroughly
Feeding- 8-15 crickets( or superworms, mealworms) gutloaded with fresh veggies and fruit. water gel as well for hydration.
Supplements- Repashy supercal no d- 5 days a week cal with twice a month. herptivite twice a month
Fecal- nice and solid brown with white urates
Cage- reptibreeze 18x18x36
Lighting- exo-terra hood uvb 5.0 and dome heat lamp
Temp- basking 85-90 ambient 70-80
Humidity- previously spiking at 70% but rapidly dropping below 40%. wrapped three sides with shower curtain and added two more live plants. Now it's consistently 40-80%.Previously had to mist at least 5 times a day to get these results plus using the repti-fogger. Now it's just twice a day
Plants- Ficus two pothos a zebra plant and an umbrella plant.
Placement- livining room low traffic area, furthest spot away from vents. Top of cage maybe three feet from ceiling.
Location- Redding, CA

My two veileds and my Nosy Be seem to be fine. I've had them all for about two months. Cages set up almost identical except basking for the veileds is at 90-95.

First, how old are your veileds?

second- if you don't hear popping noises, and you don't see any saliva in the mouth, why do you think he has a RI?

If hes yawning once or twice, he could be trying ot break a shed on his face.

if hes sitting with his mouth open, then hes overheating.

my velds are 4months and 7 months. Kai is one of my panthers. There was a bit of saliva but he did also just shed.I'm just making sure because there's not a vet around for about two hours. We have one in town but I'm also the only person in town with chams besides Petsmart. My Nosy Be Cy is fine as well he's about 7 months as well.

First, how old are your veileds?

second- if you don't hear popping noises, and you don't see any saliva in the mouth, why do you think he has a RI?

If hes yawning once or twice, he could be trying ot break a shed on his face.

if hes sitting with his mouth open, then hes overheating.

My velds are 4months and 7 months. Kai is one of my panthers. There was a bit of saliva but he did also just shed.I'm just making sure because there's not a vet around for about two hours. We have one in town but I'm also the only person in town with chams besides Petsmart. My Nosy Be Cy is fine as well he's about 7 months as well.

Back
Top Bottom