Possible tail issue?

chameeeleon

Hi, I've been on the forums for awhile but I just got my chameleon (Ralph) on Jan. 4 and I'm concerned about an odd brownish somewhat bumpy/deformed area on the tip of his tail. The store I got him from seemed to be taking good care of their chams (screen cages, real plants, knowledgeable), but his tail was like this when I got him. The person there who helped me get him said he probably just got his tail caught on something, and that it would heal up soon. But now I am reading all this stuff about necrosis and getting paranoid :( Can you guys take a look at the pics I attached and tell me what you think? Do I need to take him to a vet?
Other than the tail thing, he seems perfectly healthy and has eaten, pooped, drank, and began shedding all within the 2-3 days since I got him :) .

Attachments

• IMG_2002.jpg
    IMG_2002.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_2007.jpg
    IMG_2007.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_2005.jpg
    IMG_2005.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_2009.jpg
    IMG_2009.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 258
It's hard to see in the pics, but to clarify, the very tip of his tail looks normal, it's just a small section above it that looks kind of bumpy.

My chameleon had something that looked similar when i got him.
About a half inch up from the end of his tail was a section that had a bit of a bump and divit all the way around the tail. he also didnt seem to be bale to bend the area immediately after that very well..
Now that he's a little over a year old all the uneveness in that area is gone and it looks perfectly normal and functions just fine. My guess is he either got it caught on something or smashed it a bit before he was sent to me, but it healed up just fine.

Back
Top Bottom