Possible burn on my panther :(

Could this be caused by some deficiency maybe? Any help would be greatly appreciated.... I'll post more pics later

Here are two pics taken today

Attachments

• phot2o.jpg
    phot2o.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 177
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 261
When you say you replaced with a 5.0 uv bulb does that mean you dont use the 60 watt bulb now? You need the 60 watt bulb to provide heat and the 5.0 uv light to give uvb.

never seen this but does not look like a burn at all to me could this be a fungal thing im wondering? i really dont see a burn

I recalled earlier this week i saw gnats flying around in his cage...So today i repotted the umbrella plant. So were those fungal gnats? What do i do for a fungal infection?

honestly im not sure but i believe the vet has to test to see what kind of fungal growth it is in order to give you the meds to kill that type specifically the best thing to do woul be to take him to the vet by the sounds of it its showing up in different spots on his body which is common in fungal problems dont quote me this is just what i am trying to remember there are a couple of members that will be able to give you the best advise in your situation but this is my opinion hope i helped you wish you all the best keep us posted i will be watching for you good luck with your boy

Update:

Made a trip to the vet because he was starting to act a little funny, and got me even more worried. He looked at the infected cells under a microscope and determined it was a very odd looking fungus, one he'd never seen before (oh great). So it was a fungal infection. He just prescribed me to use lotrimin lotion twice a day on the infected areas, and he seems to be doing much better! It's only been about a week but he seems happier and healthier. The spots have yet to recede but i've read that it can take a while for the spots to heal using lotrimin. So my question is, what else can i use to treat the infection that would work better than lotrimin?

Thanks for everyone's positive input by the way, it is greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom