possible broken leg??

babcock364

hi my name is justin and ive owned veiled chameleons my whole life and the one i currently own has a very odd bump on his hind leg befor his knee and i can move his leg so it looks straight but he is still able to use it with full strength he cseems very unsure of where his leg is almost lik it has dislocated and moved. but mind you i have no idea what it is so if you kno please help me out i will have a photo up soon

It could very well be a break that has healed. I had a baby that had a break (long story) and it healed with no problem and he was able to use it fine after it healed but it left a bump where the break was. Most likely scar tissue. But a picture would sure help.

Yep-I would say that is a break-does your cham have MBD? That leg sure looks like it. Are you using UVB lighting and supplementing with calcium?

Hey fella, the calcium should be every day and he should be spending 12 hours a day under a linear UVB bulb. He needs a vet now. What we are seeing is a sure sign of MBD. Can you post more pics of him so we can see his other appendages please?

UVB bulbs must be replaced every 6 months and one has to consider how close the cham can get to the bulb. There should be no glass or plastic cover over the bulb itself as UVB does not pass through glass or plastic. You should be supplementing with calcium almost every day, as well as using one with D3 1-2 times monthly and a good multivite like Reptivite. Are you gutloading your feeders?

UVB bulbs must be replaced every 6 months and one has to consider how close the cham can get to the bulb. There should be no glass or plastic cover over the bulb itself as UVB does not pass through glass or plastic. You should be supplementing with calcium almost every day, as well as using one with D3 1-2 times monthly and a good multivite like Reptivite. Are you gutloading your feeders?

yea the colsest he can get is prolly about 10 to 5 inches away and i do use the reptivite and i use calcium with it but i have these sticky leave type things and the one has recently fell and after that is when i noticed the leg thing so i think it fell with him in or on it

Back
Top Bottom