Possible bacterial infection and something white in the nose

Coop

Avid Member
So my chameleon, a nine month old Panther chameleon, has had a problem with her eye from the beginning. When I first got her, I was told she had just recovered from a bacterial infection in her right eye. However, she is keeping the eye closed and moves it is sucked in. She only opens it to hunt. However, I noticed something white coming out of her left mostril. Pictures of both are attatched. The left is the nostril, right is the eye. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

• 1DA5FFA5-2CC5-4A5E-8843-134330AB2294.jpeg
    1DA5FFA5-2CC5-4A5E-8843-134330AB2294.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 151
  • B613DAF1-4764-4C18-AB5B-FC8D1EC0F0F6.jpeg
    B613DAF1-4764-4C18-AB5B-FC8D1EC0F0F6.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 180
Nostril is her body excreting excess supplements. What kind of water are you using on her? Please explain your supplement program in detail.

Only a vet can fix the eye, that simple. Where do you live? We can help you find a good vet.

I live on a ranch in Petaluma, California. Her water is spring water, directly from a spring where I live

The entire time I’ve had her. She drank it immediately when I brought her home, and I’ve tried bottled water but she prefers the spring water for some reason

Thank you! So what I got out of this is because of calcium in her diet and water and the stuff on her nose is natural? Just making sure I did not read it wrong.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?-Female panther chameleon, nine months of age. Has been in my care for three months.
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?- rarely. Only to take her outside for natural sunlight and go clean her cage.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?- crickets, gutloaded with leafy greens (cilantro, lettuce, etc) and a way worm when she’s not being picky.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Repti calcium, with d3 once a every other week, multivitamin every other week, and calculium with no d3 every day.
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?-currently using a monsoon automated mister, will sometimes see her drinking.
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Brown for most of the dropping, but white for the urate.
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. Had a bacterial infection in her right eye before she was in my care, had recently recovered when I received her.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? 18 by 18 by 36 screen cage, creating a new cage for her currently
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? t5H0 linear bulb, zoomed basking bulb (100 watts), and an extra, probably useless, uvb coil bulb.
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? 75 to 80 degrees at basking spot, lowest is 65 degrees. Measured with temp gun
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? 60 percent humidity, humidity gauge
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? No live plants yet, but tree branches in her cage.
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?-on top of a dresser, currently filled with her supplies, about four feet off the floor.
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?- located in Petaluma, California

Current Problem - Her eye is my number one concern, and was wondering what the white stuff was

I am going to say she needs a vet hun. It is not just the eye. Take a look at how her lips are lining up the top to the bottom. I am willing to bet whatever infection they were treating for is still an issue. Do you have a good reptile vet there or do you need help finding one?

Her lips were like that when I got her, and they said that is how the lips have been since they had her in their care.

Back
Top Bottom