position of hygrometer

chriscalvert

wheres the best place to put the probe inside the enclosure. also any advice on where to put the wires and how to support them so i dont have to screw with it everytime i open the cage? thanks

wheres the best place to put the probe inside the enclosure. also any advice on where to put the wires and how to support them so i dont have to screw with it everytime i open the cage? thanks

What I did was make a hole large enough for the probes toward the back of the cage, run one up to the basking spot, tied it around the vine, then set the other on a different spot in the cage.

alright well one of the probes is the temp probe which i have in the basking spot. I guess what im asking is does the humidity probe need to be in a specific spot or can i just put it pretty much anywhere?

I have seen them placed all over in the cages on here. I have mine towards the top. Just my preference.

I have a pothos hanging from top of cage, which is where I am my mistking... this is where I put my probe, inside the leaves

its most benificial to have your probes in the middle of the cage. its always a general rule that humidity will drop going higher to the heat source, and be higher as you go lower in the enclosure. ambient humidity is all i am worried about, so i keep my hygrometers in/around the middle of the cage around one of their favorite braches.

it will give you a reading you dont have to fight with to maintain.

Back
Top Bottom