Poor Habanero :(

TiffanyMariexo

My poor boy, not even a week and he is sick. Poor guy, bought him and I noticed deep breathes as soon as he got home, I was trying to pass it as stress until it continues.. Looked in his mouth and saw the stringy saliva. Poor guy was sold to me with a respiratory infection, he hasn't been sleeping the best. I've been hand giving him water to stay hydrated and off to the vet Saturday morning. Sucks the store won't do anything about it.... They said I could bring him back but clearly they don't care.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 179
aww poor guy, well he is very lucky that he was purchased by you and will have good care. he will be on the mend in no time.

If he has an uri I suggest getting a vet visit of course and some antibiotics. Also upping the heat seems to help a lot. At least with bearded dragons it typically gets rid of uri's.

Thick saliva can be a sign of mouth rot too, which is a usually caused by bacteria, fungi or poor nutrition

I'm aware of that as well, I had a rescue with mouth rot. It's not thick just very stringy... More gooey. 100 % it's a respiratory, seen and treated this before with other chams

I can't wait for his antibiotics Saturday. Be nice for him to be feeling better. He's still eating very well so I'm happy about that

I'm aware of that as well, I had a rescue with mouth rot. It's not thick just very stringy... More gooey. 100 % it's a respiratory, seen and treated this before with other chams

I can't wait for his antibiotics Saturday. Be nice for him to be feeling better. He's still eating very well so I'm happy about that

I apologize if that sounded rude I didn't think it was your fault I read that you got him that way. I just wasn't sure if you knew that could also be an issue

What antibiotics are you going to treat him with? What have you used in the past?

What antibiotics are you going to treat him with? What have you used in the past?

I can't remember the actual name but its Banana medicine lol makes me kinda jealous :p ... My veiled was sold to us with an RI as well when we got him and a few friends chams the same. I can post the actual name when I get it. It's a syringe twice a day for two weeks

Gosh you seem to have the worst of luck. Where do you get your chameleons from? It sounds like they do not take care of their animals. I have never dealt with respiratory infections, but I know some vets prescribe Baytril. I am not sure if that is what you use. Hope he gets well soon for you!

that stinks that you will already have a vet bill on a cham you just got :( but how lucky for the cham YOU got him, had someone who did not know chams got him, I dont think he would have a good outcome- he is lucky you chose to keep him, and not take him back - like you said, they seem to not care :mad: and either did not care he was sick, or just don't know how to care for them - will keep my fingers crossed for you and your new chammy :) keep us posted , and look forward to the pic when he is all better and I bet he is going to be just beautiful :D

Thanks guys :) he hates me the past few days because I'm holding him and squirting water in his mouth lol but lots of hydration and heat is key ! Super glad he is tame so his medicine should be easy

Back
Top Bottom