Poop?

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
Do chameleons ever just put out urates without a poop? Eustis hasn’t pooped in like 2 weeks but I still find urates. Just wondering.

Ok, thanks. What more can I do to get him to poop? I’m giving him silk worms among other bugs to help with hydration but I’m not sure what else to do. He was pooping about once a week until about 2 weeks ago then he just stopped.

Ok, thanks. What more can I do to get him to poop? I’m giving him silk worms among other bugs to help with hydration but I’m not sure what else to do. He was pooping about once a week until about 2 weeks ago then he just stopped.
You are already doing what I would do with softer bodied feeders. Could he be passing fecal and your just not finding it with the plants?

That’s possible but he always poops in the same place and that’s still where I’m finding the urates. I’ll just have to keep a better eye on him. Thank you for the help Beman! I so appreciate it!😊

Sonny is also a low frequent pooper. Once in a one (and now two) weeks, but he has also less appetite right now, because of the mating period he’s in. You could try to give him a longer basking session, 2 or 3 hours longer the basket light on.

Any chance he’s impacted? Are there things in the cage that he could have eaten that might clog him up? (Hoping that this is not a possibility…but had to ask.)
Well he’s a Jackson’s and I’ve never seen them eat anything except live bugs. They’re not known to be plant eaters so I don’t think it’s that. He still hasn’t pooped though. He’s still eating and very active although he’s not eating as much as usual but I think that’s because he’s roaming his enclosure looking for a girl friend. There’s only live plants in his enclosure, no plastic ones and no artificial anything other than a couple temp and humidity probes.

Back
Top Bottom