Gnarly poop. Healthy? Or vet check?

Deanners83

My female helmeted had 9 babies 2 weeks ago. I don't know if that is why her poop looks like this? The urate seems a bit to yellow also.

Attachments

• 20230926_153856.jpg
    20230926_153856.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 31
My girl also has some weird poop after she laid eggs and in general at least 2 weeks after laying before she poops. This would explain the yellow (the body distracted fluids out of the urate) but fluids around the poop indicate she isn't dehydrated. Personally, I would wait to see how the next round looks.

My girl also has some weird poop after she laid eggs and in general at least 2 weeks after laying before she poops. This would explain the yellow (the body distracted fluids out of the urate) but fluids around the poop indicate she isn't dehydrated. Personally, I would wait to see how the next round looks.
I will continue to keep an eye on things. You helped put my mind at ease . So thanks!

No. She had the babies about 2 weeks ago, so I am sure it isn't her first fecal after. This is the first abnormal one.

No. She had the babies about 2 weeks ago, so I am sure it isn't her first fecal after. This is the first abnormal one.
Not to be gross but how did it smell? Strong and gross or just ewww lol
Was she ever tested for parasites?

It didn't smell. No, I haven't ever tested for parasites. She's seemed happy and healthy, and hydrated. Regular appetite.

It didn't smell. No, I haven't ever tested for parasites. She's seemed happy and healthy, and hydrated. Regular appetite.
Depending on where you got her from and/or if she was wild caught it would be a good idea just in case...

Back
Top Bottom