POOP

JessG

Quick question,
My little guys urates are always white, I’ve never seen any signs of yellow or orange. He hadnt pooped in a few days, and yesterday when he did, his urate was completely orange?
I have previously filled out the husbandry sheet for him.

Quick question,
My little guys urates are always white, I’ve never seen any signs of yellow or orange. He hadnt pooped in a few days, and yesterday when he did, his urate was completely orange?
I have previously filled out the husbandry sheet for him.
Please paste your husbandry and pics in this thread. And exactly what are you asking? Have there been any changes to his environment over the last few days?

Asking basically if it’s normal to have orange urates after not pooping for a couple days.
Seeing as how he drinks quite a bit, always white urates (apart from this one time) and his eyes are not sunken in the least bit.

Honestly, I have had yellow urates before even and my Panthers get 20 min misting a day and Parsons gets an hour. With double that 1x a week. I would keep an eye on it, make sure it doesnt get very orange. If it gets darker and darker I'd be more concerned. If you're getting them plenty of water, good humidity, everything else seems healthy, and it's not an everyday occurrence I wouldn't worry too much.

Honestly, I have had yellow urates before even and my Panthers get 20 min misting a day and Parsons gets an hour. With double that 1x a week. I would keep an eye on it, make sure it doesnt get very orange. If it gets darker and darker I'd be more concerned. If you're getting them plenty of water, good humidity, everything else seems healthy, and it's not an everyday occurrence I wouldn't worry too much.
It’s just threw me off. It was all orange too. Unless orange urates are a symptom of something other than dehydration.
Just wanted some opinions, I will keep looking and see if they continue to be orange or if it was a one time deal.

117577E2-BF08-4B29-A1D5-B7E008EF35CA.jpeg C81E7FF1-D102-47D2-9AC7-F8720477C4D6.jpeg Here’s my little bean.
Still nameless lol

When the urates sit in their bodies longer more moisture is extracted making them more orange usually in little crystal like portions. If it only happens once it's not a huge deal if it repeats it is cause for concern. The concern for now is why is he not pooping more regularly. Things to consider- Hydration is your house dryer now that the AC is running more? Do you want to add a ultrasonic cool mist humidifier over night to make up the difference? Is he eating more superworms or other hard to digest feeders? Is he warm enough in his basking spot to properly digest his food?

@JacksJill I've noticed as my chams age they poop less frequently. Could it just be this? When they were young it was daily, now it could be as long as a week or so. Although I'm sure I miss them going sometimes due to CuC.

This one is a bit young for that yet. He should still be eating pretty well.
I might expect that at over a year but then you don't see the orange inclusions, maybe just a tinge on the end.

When the urates sit in their bodies longer more moisture is extracted making them more orange usually in little crystal like portions. If it only happens once it's not a huge deal if it repeats it is cause for concern. The concern for now is why is he not pooping more regularly. Things to consider- Hydration is your house dryer now that the AC is running more? Do you want to add a ultrasonic cool mist humidifier over night to make up the difference? Is he eating more superworms or other hard to digest feeders? Is he warm enough in his basking spot to properly digest his food?
House is more humid now actually. We do not have AC in the house (unfortunately).
He usually poops regularly. He only eats crickets, I’ve tried (and continue) to try and offer new feeders to him. He will not take anything except the crickets. His basking temps are the same as always mid 80s. This was the first time he hadnt pooped in a couple of days.
I noticed the next day his urates where white.
Maybe it was just from holding it in longer than usual.

@JacksJill I've noticed as my chams age they poop less frequently. Could it just be this? When they were young it was daily, now it could be as long as a week or so. Although I'm sure I miss them going sometimes due to CuC.
Yes he isn’t that old. He’s actually smaller than most for his Age. His hatch date was December 20th.
I’ve posted previously about him, when I first received him he would not eat at all for about 3 weeks. I force fed him for awhile, brought him to vet.
The passed month is when he started eating everyday and having great feeding responses. AND finally shed. That was another issue I had with him. He was not shedding. Lol
That’s why orange urate threw me off and made me a little paranoid. I thought we were over the hump with him!

If it's back to white I wouldn't worry. Sounds like he was just constipated for a few days. 7 months isn't too young though. Things will probably start slowing down for him around 9 months. Have you weighed him?

If it's back to white I wouldn't worry. Sounds like he was just constipated for a few days. 7 months isn't too young though. Things will probably start slowing down for him around 9 months. Have you weighed him?
The vet weighed him when I took him in. (That’s basically all she did that was useful lol).
I can’t remember how much it was tho.
I’m thinking it would be a good idea to get a scale to keep track of his weight.

Back
Top Bottom