Poop question

April McGregor

Established Member
So recently I have noticed Pickle has been going all the way to the lowest branch in his cage to poop and the goes back up to the top when he's done.

Is this a common thing and does anyone know why if so?

It could be he’s establishing his daily routine. Leonard usually poops in the same spot every time too. He’s got his routine down to a science. Wake up, bask, eat, drink, poop.... then climb everywhere..... then bask and glare at me. Chameleons are creatures of habit, and they tend to stick to their schedules. I’m sure that some of the more experienced members can give you more of a reason, but that’s what I’ve noticed in my guy at least! Hope it helps.

So recently I have noticed Pickle has been going all the way to the lowest branch in his cage to poop and the goes back up to the top when he's done.

Is this a common thing and does anyone know why if so?

My chams do the same thing, they each have their “poop spot” they go to. Makes it easy for clean up and as stated above, they love their routines!

Yes, chams can and most do “potty train” themselves! My female goes in the EXACT same spot every week like clockwork. I’m talking about like within an inch or two of that spot every time.

Back
Top Bottom