Please respond, I'm worried

littlevillage

It's been lights out for the chams for about an hour or more. Henry (male veiled ) was actually sleeping before hand. Now he's in ther hissing & gaping like mad. He's never even been much of a hisser. I've never even seen him open his mouth so wide! Why would he be doing this now? He's been acting normal, nothing has changed in his set up or anything. Someone please respond, he's been doing this for almost 10 minutes now.

I tried that & he just kept hissing. I think he has settled down a little bit now. I haven't heard him in a couple minutes. He's got his eyes closed again but his mouth is wide open.

No, right now he's at room temp which is about 70f. He seems to have settled down. He's not hissing anymore but he's not relaxed either. He's still all puffed up & he's got his eyes all bulged out. He's in his normal sleeping spot except he's upside down, holding on with his tail & back feet. He's not holding on to anything with his front. I have never heard him hiss like that, not to mention over & over. Hell, when I first heard the noise, I didn't know what it was!

Do you have any loose feeders in his cage? Maybe one nibbled on him? That is an odd situation you have, very intresting.

Large Crix? Adult crix will def. try to nibble on a cham if they've been without food. I'm sure that would freak out any sleeping cham.

Try to not let any excess feeders stay over night. The bites they dish out could get infected, which could leave you with a mess of problems.

is there something around his cage that could freak him out. my chameleon goes crazy when theres another gecko out. how is he now?

Nothing out of the ordinary was around. He has fallen back to sleep, but with a really bad look on his face. He still has his chin all puffed out. I think he fell asleep angry.

littlevillage said..."He's not hissing anymore but he's not relaxed either. He's still all puffed up & he's got his eyes all bulged out. He's in his normal sleeping spot except he's upside down, holding on with his tail & back feet. He's not holding on to anything with his front. I have never heard him hiss like that, not to mention over & over. Hell, when I first heard the noise, I didn't know what it was!"...if the insects weren't on him then I doubt that they were the cause of his behavior. Are you sure the hissing was really hissing and not exhaling? I don't like that he is hanging upside down. I think there is more of a problem than being annoyed by insects.

I took a quick pic of him. I took it through the screen. I didn't dare open it & freak him out even more.
Hammie110.jpg
[/IMG]

Was the picture from this morning? Is he still hissing and acting weird?

Yeah, it's from this morning. If I go near the cage he starts hissing madly. other wise he's just sitting there lokking all pissed off & leaning against the pot. He still hasn't tried to make his way up to bask. I'm at a loss!

Back
Top Bottom