Please meet my new parsonii

Twitchet

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hi , Would like to share with you my new parsonii, They are both cbb from Germany, Unrelated, The female is 4 years old and the other is about 6 months-
I dont yet know whether it's a he or a she and obviously am desperately hoping for a male- sold hopefully as male but jury is out at the moment but any opinions welcomed.
We have custom made two enclosures set up with live plants and a mistking, later this week we start on two outdoor greenhouses for them with access to natural uv. I only collected them two days ago so am still in the totally neurotic worry phase , although having said that the female is very chilled out and ate within a matter of hours of being here. The 'male' is very shy but has eaten and drunk today so I'm ( a little) less worried. I hope he will relax and not be so concerned with me soon.
Parsons are new to me but I'm getting some invaluable help from Joel- thank you Joel! (y)
By the way they are called Parsnip and Parsley :D

'Male' 60g

His enclosure - he's just under the sprayer nozzle.

Female 400 gms chunky monkey ( dont worry about the white lump on her chin- it's polystyrene! from her carrier.)

ditto with the speck on her head-

After this pic I have arranged mistking nozzle above house over fine mesh so to form good rain drops

Enjoy!

Congrats on the new Parson's the small one certainly looks to be a male. I have to say that the chance of you getting a 4 yr old CBB parsons from Europe seems unlikely although she looks to be in great shape. Also some of the "CB" Parsonii coming in are actually field collected babies. I have heard of some CBB parson's coming in from Europe but I wouldn't trust that info unless I saw pictures of the Parents and eggs incubating. That said it doesn't really matter when they are young as the should acclimate fine.

Last edited:
T,
Love that shot of the baby drinking from the leaf. Please enter that in the contest so I can vote on it! ;)

Hi there, many thanks for the messages,no worries about the 4 year old , she has been in the care of the last owner since she was a very young baby, and Both came from the same breeder who is Andreas who has written a wonderful piece in the " calumma" section with pics of eggs, so I know their grannies and grandads too so 100% genuine and I have paperwork too for them. I couldn't bear the thought of WC so I'm delighted, they are super healthy and the female is so chilled. I'm also REALLY pleased that you feel it's a male, fingers crossed eh? I just hope he warms to me a little and I can get him hand feeding which would be nice. But thanks again, I'm sure there'll be some updates!

Hi there, many thanks for the messages,no worries about the 4 year old , she has been in the care of the last owner since she was a very young baby, and Both came from the same breeder who is Andreas who has written a wonderful piece in the " calumma" section with pics of eggs, so I know their grannies and grandads too so 100% genuine and I have paperwork too for them. I couldn't bear the thought of WC so I'm delighted, they are super healthy and the female is so chilled. I'm also REALLY pleased that you feel it's a male, fingers crossed eh? I just hope he warms to me a little and I can get him hand feeding which would be nice. But thanks again, I'm sure there'll be some updates!

I was thinking Andreas would be about the only source from Europe. I never heard of him sending any over here. He really know's what he's doing and that is a nice score on your part. Your cage looks nice. Good luck with them.

Sorry - my bad- forgot to say, yes in England, so getting them nice usable outdoor time will be rather tricky- It's even raining today. I have the paperwork for the parsons and Andreas had put together a care sheet too so it's been a great help to double check stuff. Still doesnt stop 'nervous new chamelmum syndrome' :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom