Please Keep Lottie in Your Thoughts and Prayers

Praying for you and Lottie. I do understand you not wanting another female but that would be sad, just knowing how much you love your girls and have to offer them.

Jann, thinking of you both and sending positive thoughts and prayers. Lottie is a sweet little girl.

Deb

Thank you so much everyone for all of your thoughts and prayers for my sweet Lottie. We are staying on in the Keys one more night and continuing the calcium and oxytocin every 6 hours per Dr. Mader's instructions, to give Lottie a little more time to try to lay before surgery on Monday. Will have to go home tomorrow to take care of all my other guys because I will not have a petsitter.

Last edited:
Oh my Jann,,, I have been hoping that Lottie would lay on her own way befor this!!!!!
Lottie, you silly little girl,,, would you just go ahead and lay those infertile eggs and quit worrying your mamma!!!!
Sending prayers your way hoping that you wake up to a bin the of eggs in the morning!!!!!

Jann - all fingers and claws are crossed right now for Lottie. I know how much she means to you, and I can't believe you're having to go through this AGAIN! Loads of good wishes are headed your way...

Thank you again for all of your thoughts, prayers and well wishes. Lottie is still not laying. We will be taking her back to the vets shortly (they are 24/7) and leaving her for surgery tomorrow. I have to go home because I will not have a petsitter tomorrow and my other guys need me. If Lottie makes it through the surgery I will drive back down to get her Tuesday. Please continue to keep my sweet baby in your thoughts and prayers.

Lottie has been having calcium and the an hour later oxytocin injections every 6 hours day and night since Fri. at 4:00.

Oh my gosh Jann. So sorry you and her have to go through this. Too bad Dr Mader is not up by you. Such a long way to go back and forth. Will say a prayer for Lottie and hope all goes well.

Jann, sending you a huge cyber hug and healing vibes for your lovely Lottie.... I hope that you have some positive news soon.

Bless you both. xxx

Gosh Jann, I'm so sorry! What could be going on that you have such bad luck with egg-laying issues? Does Dr. Mader (or Dr. Alfonso) think anything could be the cause? It's obvious that you take great care of them, so I don't know why you keep having these problems with your girls. I feel so bad!

Thank you so much everyone. This cumminity really comes together in the time of need. I called last night to check on Lottie and she still had not showed any signs of wanting to lay. Dr. Mader said he would call me this morning before he does anything.

Olimpia, my vets have always said that females are prone to egg laying issues. I have kept 7 female chameleons and out of seven three had egg problems.

Wishing Lottie all the best with the surgery and the recovery after which I know is crucial. I wonder if chameleons in the wild have trouble laying too, or it is just the ones in captivity? I suppose no one has the answer unless they did some type of study on it. Keeping our fingers crossed that all goes well.

Lottie made it through the surgery. Dr. Mader just called and she is in recovery, breathing on her own and doing well so far. He said she had 25 grams of eggs and he made the incision on her belly instead of her side as he normally would because she has so many eggs he was afraid he couldn't get them through her rib cage. I will call back in a couple hours to check on her.

oh thats great - I just know she will pull thew now Jann :) so glad it all went well - I have been watching all day to see how it went - hang in there

Back
Top Bottom