please judge my new setup fast! urgent!

chameleonman707

so ive had my 3 month old panther cham in a small reptarium tub because that it was what the breeder recommended .. however the temps have been getting too hot in there and i feel like its not completley drying out.. so ive decided too move him into this screen 19 long 4 wide 24 tall... it seems a bit big for him but im all outta options as hes been closing his eyes during the day.. please advise me as if i should get him in the screen cage or leave him in the tub. i have a zilla slim line uvb light thats over the tub not shown in the picture below.. but once i do move him (if i do) i will transfer it over too his new cage.. thanks in advance!!
IMG_7335.jpg

Looks like a descent start, depending on your location and the temps right now you can put him outside in a partially sunny area.

okay thats all i needed... doing it now.. haha my only question is how does he get his food? if they are all on the bottom does that mean the cham goes too the bottom floor too hunt? if so should i make a vine from the top too bottom?

Looks like a great start, maybe more small branches for little hands and more leaf cover to hide from uv or bright lights if he chooses.

he is eating pin head crickets right now... even in the screen cage my digital thermometer is reading 87.7 degrees! is this too hot? im gonna move him into the cage right now..

anybody? its friggin 91 degrees here... i have no air conditioning so im just leaving all the windows and doors open... but damn i gotta think these temps are harsh on him.. any suggestions?

Do some heavy misting. You might need to get a cool air humidifier to run into the cage to get temps down. Keep the uvb on!

Last edited:
well i was pretty much prepared for anything. i got all the right equipment.. did hours and hours of research.. i feel like this is kinda outta my hands though.. what am i suppose too just do a weather dance and get the temps down? idk.. ive been doing everything in my power too ensure he is healthy. and everyone on this forum just says do more research. not very clear on what too research about temps outside being too hot tho.

No, but you should if known your house was so hot all the time and taken care of that before hand.

We say do your research because all of the stuff you've asked in the last 48 hours has been commonly talked about things and is all over the forums

well my room only gets this hott when its 91 degrees out.. it hasnt been this hot all summer so i didnt think it was an issue.. also i know adult panthers can handle these temps... ive read damn never every forum on this website.. haha i just like too get personal opinions.. like the screen cage, the breeder told me not too use one until he was older and that he was fine in a tub, but then i asked on here and they said too go screen right away. so ive had some misleading information. but ive also noticed alot worse set ups on this website that were met with constructive criticism. i feel like im constantly getting hammered for not doing enough research when clearly ive done more then most people. anyways.. my chameleon is looking alot better in the screen cage. thanks for everyone who pushed me too moving him!

well my room only gets this hott when its 91 degrees out.. it hasnt been this hot all summer so i didnt think it was an issue.. also i know adult panthers can handle these temps... ive read damn never every forum on this website.. haha i just like too get personal opinions.. like the screen cage, the breeder told me not too use one until he was older and that he was fine in a tub, but then i asked on here and they said too go screen right away. so ive had some misleading information. but ive also noticed alot worse set ups on this website that were met with constructive criticism. i feel like im constantly getting hammered for not doing enough research when clearly ive done more then most people. anyways.. my chameleon is looking alot better in the screen cage. thanks for everyone who pushed me too moving him!

Glad to hear he is doing better. Sorry for sounding rude. Please read my pm :)

Relax. Mine do fine above 90 degrees. Native weather in Madagascar is often above 90. Would add a lot more vines to your setup. Just mist often (3-4 x a day)

One thing to note with the slim line is that you need to remove the clear plastic for it to be fully effective. It's ridiculous that they even put it there. The bulb that comes with it is also not so great, swapping for a reptisun at some point would be a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom