Please I need help immediatelly

Blackyna1979

I have little jacksonii he is6 months old, today I wanted to water plants in terarium, but he was hideb there, please and I split the water on him :-( he is not well now, please what can I do, he is opening his mouths.

I wouldnt do anything. Do not disturb him. Odds are he got a mouth full of water. Just see if he can solve his own problem without you causing more stress and moving/touching him.

Only Help him if he falls to the bottom of the tank and wont climb. Then you can put him on a towel and try to keep his head pointing to the floor. he may be aspirated.

Do you think he can survive? Now he is sittin on the tree but still sometimes he is opening his mouth and it looks like he wants to vomit

Ya he probably got some water in his lungs and is trying to cough it up. If hes fine in an hour then you might just have to worry about a upper respiratory infection.

Like i said just dont disturb him as long has he still perches and isnt falling down.

If he is just vomiting then let him vomit. Dont disturb him.

If hes showing stress and cant perch then you can run him to the vet. But the moving and the trip( unless its just down the road) might cause him more harm than good in a vomiting situation. You do not want to disurb a vomiting animal. Its best to see if he can clear it out on his own. You can even take him to the vet after he gets himself stable if you feel hes not 100% after an hour or 2.

Sure once he stops vomiting you can decide what to do. You might even be able to check to see if he has a mouth full of dirt.

PS: this is one of the reasons why we recommend covering plant dirt with large rocks. To keep the cham and the insects from getting to it.

:( Poor little guy - chances are that he breathed some water in. What an awful thing to happen. I know I would feel awful too if it ws my cham.

Something is wrong with his tongue, and also chameleon colour is so dark. I dont know is hebis trying to vomit or if he can not breathe.

If hes not vomiting you can rush him to the vet. Hopfuly hes just trying to get the dirt/water out of him and he can breath ok.

The 2 that i had that had breathing problems, they turned white (sleeping colors). Hopefully hes turning dark due to stress of the whole thing and not due to breathing problems.

I am just sending his picture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 121
The best thing you can do is leave him alone to bask and try and dry off. See how he is this time tomorrow. It may cause a problem but he should be fine if left alone.

Sounds like he should normally be asleep by now - I would turn his lights out and let him sleep. All my lights are on timers so I don't forget to turn them on and off!

Well it looks like he is getting better. As other have stated you have a cold, wet, upset cham. Hes going to be cold colors. As long as he perches and isnt mouth gaping for air i think you are in good shape.

I would keep him warm and not disturb him. The more you play with him the less he is going to try to get rid of the dirt/water in his mouth.

Back
Top Bottom