Please Help !!!

Alleyssa

Hey I need help bad my chameleon is sleeping to much and barely walking and he shakes bad when he dose and then he sleeps and he hasn’t eaten anything what do I need to do and what’s going on I’m scared and worried about rango

Hey I need help bad my chameleon is sleeping to much and barely walking and he shakes bad when he dose and then he sleeps and he hasn’t eaten anything what do I need to do and what’s going on I’m scared and worried about Rango he is also 3 year old and has been acting different for 3 days now
image.jpg

He’s a veiled chameleon
I feed him super worms and crickets
I put a little bit of calcium and Herptivite/multivitamins on the food
He has a day light and a night there both heat lamps I turn the day one off every night I’m here but I’ve been at college and now I’m back he also has a dripper and I mist his cage when need to be

He’s a veiled chameleon
He has a day light and a night there both heat lamps I turn the day one off every night I’m here but I’ve been at college and now I’m back he also has a dripper and I mist his cage when need to be
Could you please fill out the complete form with as much detail as possible. Also please include a photo of the entire enclosure including the lights at the top. Location that you are in is important too as he will probably need a vet visit.

He’s a veiled chameleon
No light / heat at night is necessary. Unless your house drops below 60 degrees which I doubt. Does the calcium contain D3? A pic of the supplements you use is helpful. Also how long have you had him? The form asks all these questions and the devil is in the details.

Could you please fill out the complete form with as much detail as possible. Also please include a photo of the entire enclosure including the lights at the top. Location that you are in is important too as he will probably need a vet visit.
Rango he is also 3 year old and has been acting different for 3 days now He’s a veiled chameleon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 42
No light / heat at night is necessary. Unless your house drops below 60 degrees which I doubt. Does the calcium contain D3? A pic of the supplements you use is helpful. Also how long have you had him? The form asks all these questions and the devil is in the details.
I had him for 3 year and the calcium dose not have D3 in it

If he has been in that enclosure for 3 years there is a variety of things that could be wrong -- including MBD.

His enclosure should be a minimum of 2 ft by 2 ft by 4 ft tall.

He should have a linear uvb light that goes across the whole top of the cage. Not having this and not having D3 for three years means he likely has MBD.

He needs much more foliage with live plants and lots more sticks to climb on.

His calcium needs to have D3 in it twice a month and his vitamins need preformed vitamin A, also twice a month. The regular calcium at every feeding.

The red light is not good for his eyes and there should be zero light at night. Chameleons need complete darkness to sleep properly.

The bottom should be bare. The carpet can harbor lots of bacteria. Is the bowl at the bottom for him to drink? He should not drink standing water if so.

What is your humidity and basking temp? What is the ambient temp? How do you measure these?

What do you feed the crickets? How long were you away at college and who was taking care of him? The form has all these questions.

What do you feed the crickets? How long were you away at college and who was taking care of him? The form has all these questions.
I was gone since August my mom was taken care of him and we feed the crickets orange cube it’s a complete cricket diet the brand is called fluker’s

Copy and paste this form into your response. Fill out with total detail if you want complete feedback

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
--------------
Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

As mentioned corrections will be needed. However at his stage I do not know if he will come back without vet intervention. I do not mean to sound harsh but I would not invest more money till you see a vet. Then Just the proper UV and vitamins. I say this because his odds may not be good so I don't want you to waste money. If he improves you will need to add the other things to improve his life.

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - Veiled Chameleon , male , and 3 years old. For 3 year but I’ve been in college last year started of August and this year I have been in college starting of August now I’m on break go back January 7-8 and my moms been take care of him why I been at college
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? I try to handle him but his gets really mad when he was little I would handle him 2 to 3 times each day
  • Feeding - super worms and crickets. What amount? 3-4 What is the schedule? 8:00am Breakfast and 5:00pm dinner
  • Supplements - Repti Calcium and I use Rep-cal Herptivite what is the schedule? 8:00am and 5:00pm
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? The little Dripper. How often and how long to you mist? When need to be or when it gets to hot. Do you see your chameleon drinking? Yes I do believe he is but I haven’t seen him eat at all
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. There white and some are brownish black. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Not that I now of
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. N/A

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Screen and Medium size I would say
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? It came with the cage What is your daily lighting schedule? Day light on in day then the actual hate lamp gose on at night sometimes I use both at day and night
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? About 74.8 or 68. Lowest overnight temp? 73 How do you measure these temps? Digital thermometer by zoo med
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? Dry but then I moist How are you creating and maintaining these levels? A mist bottle
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? No If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? In my room by the tv but the tv I at 0 or something time at 10 Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? No At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? No it more eye height

As mentioned corrections will be needed. However at his stage I do not know if he will come back without vet intervention. I do not mean to sound harsh but I would not invest more money till you see a vet. Then Just the proper UV and vitamins. I say this because his odds may not be good so I don't want you to waste money. If he improves you will need to add the other things to improve his life.
I filled out the rest of the form sorry I’m new to the whole form thing and what are the other thing I need to improve his life I feel like a bad mom I’m so sorry

Back
Top Bottom