Please help

PLEASE BE VERY SPECIFIC OR IT MAKES IT VERY HARD FOR US TO HELP YOU.
Chameleon Info:
* Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
(Veiled chameleon, male, he has been in my care for about 5-6 months.)
* Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
(I do not handle him often only when I’m move him to get sun or change his cage, so like 2-3 time a day and I do not Chang his cage very often )
* Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
(I feed him hornworms sometimes, Dubia, Dubai roaches [I do not know how to spell it ], and sometimes crickets, flies. I feed him 2 times a day. I do not know how to gut-load them.) What is amount you feed him each week? Are you feeding the insects anything? What are you feeding the insects?
* Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
( I use zoo med. I give it to him when I give him the roaches, crickets. At 11am and 7pm). Do you use a phos free calcium powder dusted on the insects lightly at all feedings but one a week? On that remaining day, on alternating weeks do you use a vitamin powder one weekand a phos free calcium/D3 powder lightly the next week?
* Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
(I stay the plants and he drinks off of them or he will drink it from the spray bottle when I spray the cage and him. He does drink.) A dripper would be a good addition.
* Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
(His face is green with orange and a slight blue. His droppings are the same they haven’t changed they seem normal. He has not been tested for any parasites.) Poop description not description of the face. The poop should be moist and brown and the urates should be almost pure white. Is this right for your chameleon?
* History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
* Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
( his cage it tall, screen
* Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
( I think the light is zoo-med. and I take him outside on one of my small trees to get natural sunlight.) The UVB should be a long linear tube light by reptisun ...5.0 and the basking light can be a regular household incandescent (NOT LED) bulb of a wattage that produces the right temperature in the basking area. No lights on at night.
* Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
(The temperature is usually at 73 but sometimes at 70. At night it gets to 70) what is the basking temperature?
* Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
(I usually don’t check the humidity level.) you should.
* Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
(Live plants sometimes it’s a pothos and sticks.)
* Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
(I keep his cage on the floor next to my window, not near traffic.) It should be raised up much higher.
* Location - Where are you geographically located?
(In Austin del valle)
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
(cut on the eyelid)

Also please do not be intimidated by everyone. It always comes across wrong in forums. You can also just message an individual if it is easier.
There is help here , it is just not always easy to get to.

Assuming I phone or similar, just take a pick with your phone. When you go to reply to the post hit attach photos, it should lead you to your photos.

If you do not have means for a photo, don't panic. If the rest of his care is good they can heal very well. Even if blind in one eye.

edit:
That sounded harsh, I mean even if he did end up blind in one eye he can still live a full happy life.

Yes thank you all I really appreciate it so much. Thank y’all for helping me give my Cham an better life ❤
thank you for getting in touch with us. Please attach photos and read all of the feedback kinyonga gave you.

As casque above said, It's impossible to judge an eye injury without photos

Assuming I phone or similar, just take a pick with your phone. When you go to reply to the post hit attach photos, it should lead you to your photos.

If you do not have means for a photo, don't panic. If the rest of his care is good they can heal very well. Even if blind in one eye.

edit:
That sounded harsh, I mean even if he did end up blind in one eye he can still live a full happy life.
thank you

yes I will try to get a photo when I get home. It has also been two days since his eye got cut
Have you noticed any swelling or bad coloring? can you quickly describe the injury to us?

When will you get home if you don't mind me asking? remove him from any other reptiles asap because it might happen again

Have you noticed any swelling or bad coloring? can you quickly describe the injury to us?

When will you get home if you don't mind me asking? remove him from any other reptiles asap because it might happen again
He eye was swollen for that day it Has went down I didn’t see any bad coloring but I will check as soon as possible. Yes he has been removed from being around and other reptiles

D94A9E37-ACB2-4100-8F8A-2187E78D4820.jpeg

He eye was swollen for that day it Has went down I didn’t see any bad coloring but I will check as soon as possible. Yes he has been removed from being around and other reptiles
ok great thank god he's away from the other reptiles lol. After we deal with his eye problems there are some changes that need to be made to his husbandry.

Back
Top Bottom