Please help

Sugarplum_071502

Hey everyone I’m a new chameleon owner and i was wondering if Anyone can help me. I have a bearded dragons as well and one of the bit or scratched my chameleon in the eye it cut him on the eyelid and I was wondering if there was medicine I can put on it to make it better be I don’t want him to go blind and he it only 6-7 months????

Even if you aren't keeping them together in the same cage, under no circumstances should you ever allow them to get that close to each other (for reasons which should be more than obvious by now).

There is no miracle solution to cure the eye. The eyes are critical to a chameleon's wellbeing. A vet visit is the responsible thing to do here.

Ok so chameleons should be kept alone. Not with any other reptile they should never ever be within any close proximity to eachother for obvious reasons that you have just encountered, please fill out the husbandry form so we can help and see if any other changes should be made.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

NEVER should a Chameleon be housed with another animal! NEVER. They were never friends. They do not even naturally live in the same areas! Totally different care requirements for each of them. NO, you can not put the same medicine on it. Take the chameleon to a vet and start doing research on its husbandry before you end up with a dead chameleon as well.

Beardies are actually very predatory. Even two Beardies together is a bad Idea.

They are a bit like cats in that quick movement cant trigger the hunting response.

I’m So sorry everyone ? when I first got rango I put him in the cage with my bearded dragon and I started reading more about them and it said they were to be housed alone so I moved them in separate cages cages. They didn’t bother each other at all rango would stay up top and the other on the floor but I did separate them when I started reading about the housing. Also I feed him horned worms sometimes, Dubai roches, flies, and i spry him and his cage 2-3 times a day. I have lost of reptiles and I know they all houses different so I have them in different places and all of them have there own cage so they do not fight. When I put rango on a play to get sun during the day my sister took the bearded dragon out of the cage I did not know at the time that she did that but now I do not let her take them out without me knowing where any of my other reptiles are at. Once ai am sorry everyone. But I also do not have enough money to go to the vet.

I’m So sorry everyone ? when I first got rango I put him in the cage with my bearded dragon and I started reading more about them and it said they were to be housed alone so I moved them in separate cages cages. They didn’t bother each other at all rango would stay up top and the other on the floor but I did separate them when I started reading about the housing. Also I feed him horned worms sometimes, Dubai roches, flies, and i spry him and his cage 2-3 times a day. I have lost of reptiles and I know they all houses different so I have them in different places and all of them have there own cage so they do not fight. When I put rango on a play to get sun during the day my sister took the bearded dragon out of the cage I did not know at the time that she did that but now I do not let her take them out without me knowing where any of my other reptiles are at. Once ai am sorry everyone. But I also do not have enough money to go to the vet.
thanks for apologizing let's focus on saving your cham because that sounds like the most important thing right now. Please fill out the form I attached above and keep on browsing for the cheapest vet you can find.

Chameleon Info:
* Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
(Veiled chameleon, male, he has been in my care for about 5-6 months.)
* Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
(I do not handle him often only when I’m move him to get sun or change his cage, so like 2-3 time a day and I do not Chang his cage very often )
* Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
(I feed him hornworms sometimes, Dubia, Dubai roaches [I do not know how to spell it ], and sometimes crickets, flies. I feed him 2 times a day. I do not know how to gut-load them.)
* Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
( I use zoo med. I give it to him when I give him the roaches, crickets. At 11am and 7pm)
* Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
(I stay the plants and he drinks off of them or he will drink it from the spray bottle when I spray the cage and him. He does drink.)
* Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
(His face is green with orange and a slight blue. His droppings are the same they haven’t changed they seem normal. He has not been tested for any parasites.)
* History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
* Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
( his cage it tall, screen
* Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
( I think the light is zoo-med. and I take him outside on one of my small trees to get natural sunlight.)
* Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
(The temperature is usually at 73 but sometimes at 70. At night it gets to 70)
* Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
(I usually don’t check the humidity level.)
* Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
(Live plants sometimes it’s a pothos and sticks.)
* Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
(I keep his cage on the floor next to my window, not near traffic.)
* Location - Where are you geographically located?
(In Austin del valle)
(cut on the eyelid)

Chameleon Info:
* Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
(Veiled chameleon, male, he has been in my care for about 5-6 months.)
* Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
(I do not handle him often only when I’m move him to get sun or change his cage, so like 2-3 time a day and I do not Chang his cage very often )
* Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
(I feed him hornworms sometimes, Dubia, Dubai roaches [I do not know how to spell it ], and sometimes crickets, flies. I feed him 2 times a day. I do not know how to gut-load them.)
* Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
( I use zoo med. I give it to him when I give him the roaches, crickets. At 11am and 7pm)
* Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
(I stay the plants and he drinks off of them or he will drink it from the spray bottle when I spray the cage and him. He does drink.)
* Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
(His face is green with orange and a slight blue. His droppings are the same they haven’t changed they seem normal. He has not been tested for any parasites.)
* History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
* Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
( his cage it tall, screen
* Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
( I think the light is zoo-med. and I take him outside on one of my small trees to get natural sunlight.)
* Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
(The temperature is usually at 73 but sometimes at 70. At night it gets to 70)
* Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
(I usually don’t check the humidity level.)
* Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
(Live plants sometimes it’s a pothos and sticks.)
* Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
(I keep his cage on the floor next to my window, not near traffic.)
* Location - Where are you geographically located?
(In Austin del valle)
(cut on the eyelid)
You should rarely handle your cham and all of it should be voulentary. "I do not handle him often" should mean once or twice a week.

Back
Top Bottom