Please Help

This can also be signs of MBD. With the T8 lighting/branches sitting low and the incorrect supplements. It is a very strong possibility. :(

Hopefully the vet can give you a proper diagnosis.
Thanks for all your help Beman. Where can I go to read up on proper husbandtry. I have read all of the different " care sheets", but the one thing I notice they are general not species specific. I have a panther coming in a month and I need the right information.

Thanks for all your help Beman. Where can I go to read up on proper husbandtry. I have read all of the different " care sheets", but the one thing I notice they are general not species specific. I have a panther coming in a month and I need the right information.
Yes, for accurate info these are the links I send people to. You got the direct link to the caresheets on Chameleon academy above from @Prince of Duval :)

https://chameleonacademy.com/

https://www.chameleonbreeder.com/

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeptunetheChameleon?sub_confirmation=1

I told everyone that I would keep you posted. Here's the update.

I took Moe to the vet today. On examination the vet did say there were some issues, but suggested that we do xrays. After the crags were taken the following was found.

His bones were hardly showing on the x-ray. He explained that there should be white where the bones were, but Moe's were hard to make out.

Moe was also compacted with a discussion of possible rupture.

All of Moe's legs showed multiple fractures. The rear left gave way fully and that is why it was flaling around.

We discussed treatment, but the prognosis wasn't good.

I couldn't put Moe through all that so I did what I think was best for Moe and had him put to sleep.

JayJay goes to the vet on the 20th and I have placed him in what I am calling a nersery cage. Much smaller for him and hopefully safer.

Once again I thank all of you for your help. I am very grateful to all of you for the help and advise.
Take care everyone

Pat

I took Moe to the vet today. On examination the vet did say there were some issues, but suggested that we do xrays. After the crags were taken the following was found.

His bones were hardly showing on the x-ray. He explained that there should be white where the bones were, but Moe's were hard to make out.

All of Moe's legs showed multiple fractures. The rear left gave way fully and that is why it was flaling around.

I couldn't put Moe through all that so I did what I think was best for Moe and had him put to sleep.

JayJay goes to the vet on the 20th and I have placed him in what I am calling a nersery cage. Much smaller for him and hopefully safer.

Once again I thank all of you for your help. I am very grateful to all of you for the help and advise.
Take care everyone

Pat
So sorry for your loss. At least you know you did what you could for Moe.

It is hard when things like this happen... Jayjay is younger though. I think you will find with the right lighting and supplementation you will not have the same outcome. There is so much incorrect info out there that it makes it really hard to navigate. MBD is avoidable when your given the correct information and know what type of husbandry to provide. My favorite site for husbandry is www.chameleonacademy.com It goes through every single aspect from cage set up to lighting. Let us know if you have any questions.

I am very sorry for your loss.

So sorry for your loss. We found Neptune the chameleon videos linked above to be so helpful in how to put the info in the care sheets into practice. We are learning right along with you.

Take care everyone

Pat
Sorry for your loss. Keep in touch with the community and let us know how Jayjay’s doing.

Back
Top Bottom