Please help ! New

Anthonyventura

Hi my name is anthony i am new to my new female pet chameleon ive gotten her off craigs list with the cage i bought all the products at a reptile place in my area i spent a good $250 for all her supplies meaning lamps, and bulbss, 6 dozen crikets,her vines and her, calcium her timer,some worms, a thermometer criket diet etc i just want to make sure she is happy her basking aarea averages about 78- 85 is that to hot ? She eat fine i just don't know how much i should feed her she loves to eat. and the tub that i have in my cage is that big enough ? For her eggs i just have so many questions i just wanna make sure that she is comfortable they told me she is about a year old if anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated if also like to know how can u tell if she is stressed

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    368.4 KB · Views: 189
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    297.3 KB · Views: 192
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    302.7 KB · Views: 196
  • image.png
    image.png
    795.6 KB · Views: 188
Picture one...Get rid of the Flukers orange cubes...they are crap .Get you some cricket crack
Picture 3 She is showing stress colors from being held
Picture 4 She needs more branches and some live safe plants

Check your calcium make sure it does not contain d3 and that your vitamins do. More live plants. Like something vertical with branches for her to climb and hide and sleep

I found out early with my veiled humidity is key, and mix up the diet, my Cham is spoiled and eats horn worms three times a week (good for hydrating and protein). Crickets are a good feeder but if possible look into some Dubai roachs. My guy tries to attack them before I get the cage opened. Calcium and vitamins are a major need and at my local reptile store here in Denver the guy has a female Jackson that he planted a hibiscus tree in her egg bucket. (Might be possible to start with a smaller hibiscus in yours)

Hi my name is anthony i am new to my new female pet chameleon ive gotten her off craigs list with the cage i bought all the products at a reptile place in my area i spent a good $250 for all her supplies meaning lamps, and bulbss, 6 dozen crikets,her vines and her, calcium her timer,some worms, a thermometer criket diet etc i just want to make sure she is happy her basking aarea averages about 78- 85 is that to hot ? She eat fine i just don't know how much i should feed her she loves to eat. and the tub that i have in my cage is that big enough ? For her eggs i just have so many questions i just wanna make sure that she is comfortable they told me she is about a year old if anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated if also like to know how can u tell if she is stressed
If you haven't found it already, you can find all sorts of great caresheets under the Resources tab...including one for veileds.

Back
Top Bottom