PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zion Foster

15542436614178223359044931525233.jpg
I really dont know what happend, when we got him his crown was deformed and always purple and black, we took him out to feed him and we saw this, I'm freaking out, what di I need to do? Please help!!

It looks like a burn. Can you post pic of your cage and fill this out

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
Photos can be very helpful.

Why do I need to file that stupid form out, its ridiculous

You know if you go to a decent vet they will ask you the same thing. I know you're worried about your chameleon but it's the best way to get you the help you need instead of guessing. Without knowing the information on the form the people on this forum can't give you an accurate assessment of your husbandry or accurately help you.

Everytime I walking in to an ER....they will give me a form to fill it out things like... any allergy medication.,any symptoms of pain n what's causing...etc
If u are writing this thread and ask for help ...u want the correct suggestion or opinions then u shall give some more information about ur situation which is why they suggested the "form"....things like this wound on ur cham's head....U dont want alphakenc to give u a wrong advice like "ur cham has prolapse so he got very excited n bump his head open" right ?

Sigh. This isn't the first time this person has refused to help us help them. Look back through their post history - it's chock full of them ignoring people's requests for the form. Not to mention a lack of basic knowledge of chameleon husbandry and identification.

This is the most information they have ever been willing to give (and since it doesn't seem like they can be bothered to post it here even to help their clearly injured animal, I guess I'll do it for them): "It's a veiled chameleon, age of 7 months, owned for 2 months, I handle him almost every day except when he is sheading, I feed him 6-7 crickets in the morning and 5 at night, I'm using rep-cal with no phosphorus, once every other day he has a dripper, I have seen him drink, I spray him 3 times a day, morning, afternoon, and evening, when he was pooping it was brown and not mushy, I have a screen cage, 3'x18"×18", I have a 60 watt blue light and a 150 watt heating light, fake plants"

Yikes, it looks like either a burn or an abrasion. Either way, he’ll for sure need to see a vet. Also, the form is something that everyone wanting help must complete. I realize that in a panic, it can seem tedious, but the experts on this forum cannot assist you without a basic understanding of your cham’s life and situation. Otherwise, it would be like someone going to the emergency room with a very sore leg, refusing to tell the doctor about any activities, he/she regularly engages in, and not mentioning that he/she recently had a bad fall.

I think the folks on this forum just want to know how to help. Perhaps, when you and your Cham are out of the woods, and you have a minute, you could just fill out the form and save it on your desktop. That way, if you need help again quickly, you can copy and paste, without having to re-write things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom