Please help im worried

Good morning everyone 💙. So I'm up feeding my chams this morning and noticed on my oldest boy Ares he has a couple tiny little white spots .. not sure what they are but I feel like it's some sort of skin issue . Please get back with me and hopefully ease my mind . Closest vet is hours away 😏

Attachments

• 20211202_092445.jpg
    20211202_092445.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 20211202_092449.jpg
    20211202_092449.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 20211202_092453.jpg
    20211202_092453.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 20211202_092503.jpg
    20211202_092503.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 48
AmandaS- Thanks for pointing that out. Follow-ups are so important for us to learn from even if it is a bad outcome. Good eye (y)

Looks suspiciously like papilloma. Only a vet doing a biopsy can confirm. In the meantime, take precautions not to cross contaminate if you have other chams as it could be viral.
I suspected this too but didn't want to say unless pretty sure.

The room that my chameleon is has alot of people action in it. When we are watching tv in there she is sometimes still moving around when it's late. You have nothing to worry about! 😄

Looks suspiciously like papilloma. Only a vet doing a biopsy can confirm. In the meantime, take precautions not to cross contaminate if you have other chams as it could be viral.
OMG now im freaking out . Have no clue what "papilloma" is but it sounds really bad . And I'm worried it mightve contaminated my other chams (even though I don't see anything suspicious) . I don't have a reptile vets anywhere near me 😭

OMG now im freaking out . Have no clue what "papilloma" is but it sounds really bad . And I'm worried it mightve contaminated my other chams (even though I don't see anything suspicious) . I don't have a reptile vets anywhere near me 😭
Papillion is essentially warts. It is contagious and you'll have to be careful around your other reptiles.
It would be worth it, in my opinion, to go to a vet that has chameleon experience...even if it is not close.

FloridaChameleonLiving said: OMG now im freaking out .

As we tell the younger children (k-3rd) (knowing you are not)
Blow out the candle (stress relief)- Catch your breath- Focus on the subject at hand. Do your best. (y) Still not diagnosed yet..

I don't have warts but feel itchy all over now.. The power of suggestion--- wait just read they are not itchy... Damn ants.
Just trying to lighten things up.. :cool: (y)

Last edited:
As has been said, papilloma is essentially a warty growth. It shouldn’t effect the quality nor longevity of your chameleon. One of my girls had one last year. It was removed for biopsy and hasn’t grown back. She has a tiny little scar where it was that probably only I can see because I know it’s there. It is viral though, so I am careful to not pass it on to my other chameleons. Washing hands in between handling, using separate items for each and sanitizing shared surfaces, such as my weighing stick are some of the measures I take, which are things that really should be done regardless. The only thing that it’s really effected is I can’t breed her if I wanted.

From one link Thanks """"This condition really is one of those which cannot really be prevented, although vigilance by the owner can stop it getting out of hand."""

So--- JMHO--- it has to be diagnosed either virus, bacterial or fungus first.. (second article).

Thanks again Klyde O'Scope

Good morning everyone 💙. So I'm up feeding my chams this morning and noticed on my oldest boy Ares he has a couple tiny little white spots .. not sure what they are but I feel like it's some sort of skin issue . Please get back with me and hopefully ease my mind . Closest vet is hours away 😏

Where do you live? I might be able to recommend a vet with good chameleon knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom