PLEASE HELP CHAMELEON DYING

GabbyGrace

When I purchased my panther cham he had a severe case of MBD in the past and was still getting over it. I took him to the vet and they said he was fine no treatment plan or anything and he seemed fine until yesterday now he is pale and his tounge is dried out he had been feed and still had plenty of water. We thought he was dead but when I came back into the room he had moved a bit and would crack his eyes open now he won't open his eyes but will move a very tiny bit but I can't feel his breathing. Please I don't know what to do I don't want to bury him if he isn't dead but I don't think he will make it till morning.

Perhaps i am misreading this... did you take him to a vet RECENTLY (within 2 weeks)? Or is the vet visit months ago and in regards to MBD?

Jesus christ. Your vet should lose his license... what do you mean it has plenty of water? Because that poor thing looks like its been starved and deprived of water for a long time.
He still had crickets and had been eating fine and his dripper is still running fresh water right now he didn't look like this at all yesterday sorry if I didn't make much sense I'm really freaking out.

He still had crickets and had been eating fine and his dripper is still running fresh water right now he didn't look like this at all yesterday sorry if I didn't make much sense I'm really freaking out.
I’m sorry but no that’s a lie! No Cham gets like this over night believe me I just recused a Cham in the same shape as this one and it died yesterday

To correct the MBD he should have been getting liquid calcium sandbox or glauconite until his calcium levels were brought back to normal and proper UVB and nutrition and proper heat.
Do you have a rece t photo of all of him? Don't disturb him to get one.

I’m sorry but no that’s a lie! No Cham gets like this over night believe me I just recused a Cham in the same shape as this one and it died yesterday
I'm sorry if I am upsetting you it really wasn't my intention he had eaten Saturday and Sunday as well as drank water he still has crickets in his terrarium now. Again I'm really sorry for upsetting you.

Please, should you ever decide to get another chameleon, come here first & you’ll get all of the help you need to prevent anything like this from ever happening again.
This exactly this!!!!! I love that you posted this.

@GabbyGrace i am guessing this was your first Cham. These are animals with very specific care requirements and their vets need to have Cham experience to treat them properly. Without support and a knowledgeable community any first timer will not have the tools needed to understand what is normal with these animals. We all lean on each other here and learn from one another. So I agree fully should you this you want to get another come here to find out what went wrong so you can correct it. If there was a fresh fecal from today you need to bag it to get it tested tomorrow to ensure that he did not have anything contagious that could be passed to a new Cham that you put in the cage.

For such a wonderful place, there sure is a pretty hefty toll with seeing some stuff on here. This is Insane. I don’t see a picture with it’s tongue sticking out, and at this point.. I’m glad.

Back
Top Bottom