Please Critique this Gut-load

VeiledOwner87

i made some wet load cubes tonight, and a dry load mix. if you guys would be so kind as to seeing if all this together is good, great, or bad. let me know, i really apprieciate it!

Wet Load Cubes:
1 - yam
3 - kale leaves
3 - red lettuce leaves
1 - orange (peeled)
1 - apple (peeled)
apx 1 -cup of raspberries
apx 1 - cup of cranberries
1 - bannana

i bought a package of alfalfa too but of course i forgot to put it in :mad::(

Dry Load Mix (made 282g)
apx 1 1/2 cup of bee pollen
apx 1 cup of dried kelp powder
apx 1/2 cup of fluker's high calcium
apx 1/4 cup plain oats
apx 1/4 cup cheerios

I would consider adding a few seeds or nuts to the dry gutload (need not be alot, just a few raw sunflower seeds, an almond or brazil nut). also consider adding Spirulia. Forget the oats and cheerios, or at least reduce.
I applaud the use of kelp powder.

Id reduce the amount of banana (wrong calcium to phosphorous ratio), perhaps add dandelion and papaya and squash instead or in addition.

Last edited:
I would consider adding a few seeds or nuts to the dry gutload (need not be alot, just a few raw sunflower seeds, an almond or brazil nut). also consider adding Spirulia. Forget the oats and cheerios, or at least reduce.
I applaud the use of kelp powder.

Id reduce the Raspberries and banana, perhaps add dandelion and papaya and squash instead or in addition.

spirulia i couldn't find (at grocery stores or health and nutrition) considering the amount of dry mix i made, i didnt add much of the oat and cheerios at all. my grinder is small and i did maybe a quarter of the thing filled. i just did approximates. i wasnt sure about different seeds. i was going to get sunflower seeds, but they werent raw. didnt know if that was ok.

i actually was researching through your blogs earlier before i went out and got some things, so i was looking for a lot of the ingredients. i couldnt find much where i went shopping though. (no winter squash, no papaya) i did find dandelion which i used in my last batch, but i figured the kale and red lettuce would have been good enough. i didnt want to over due something of anything :( but this should be well untill i make my next batch when im close to running out right?

im glad your critiquing this sandra, i was kind of hoping you would :eek::p

... i was going to get sunflower seeds, but they werent raw. didnt know if that was ok.

definately want raw and unsalted.

... i couldnt find much where i went shopping though. (no winter squash, no papaya)

Squash should be popular in stores soon, if not now. Keep watching for it :) Ive been taking squash from my garden for a couple weeks already.

I have trouble finding papaya too. Its an import for me, so not always available (and I also try not to buy too much imported food).

i did find dandelion which i used in my last batch, but i figured the kale and red lettuce would have been good enough. i didnt want to over due something of anything :( but this should be well untill i make my next batch when im close to running out right?

oh yes absolutely no reason not to use up what ya have. Was just an opinion on tweeks for next time.

woot woot! lol wonderfu! im deffinately going to save this thread to my favorites than. in regards to squash, there are countless other kinds where i live, just not wintersquash. unless... it has a different name that others refer to it as

oh an i also forgot to say that i added the rest of my repashy superfoods cgd for more of a fruity nutrition. only about 1/4 cup though

I would leave the fruit peels on. Bugs don't care and peels usually have a lot of nutrition. I'd also add some more high calcium greens next time.

what would you suggest? again, i didnt want to overdo a component. i will still be doing my regular dustings. maybe just herptivate once a month or none at all now.

woot woot! lol wonderfu! im deffinately going to save this thread to my favorites than. in regards to squash, there are countless other kinds where i live, just not wintersquash. unless... it has a different name that others refer to it as

ANY squash that is ready to eat between fall and winter is a winter squash. So butternut, spagetti, acorn...
edit: butternut and spaghetti have the best calcium levels - acron is okay, pumpkin is acually not great

Last edited:
dandelion is a high-calcium green

what is in the repashy superfoods cgd

The only things I would worry about over-doing it on are D3 and pre-formed Vitamin A, and you wont find these in fruits and vegetables.

repashy superfood cgd is a condenced all in one diet for specially designed for crested geckos, but can be intended for other fruit eating reptiles, like anoles, iguanas and chameleons. it is all natural suppliments mixed together in powdered form, and ive seen chameleons eat the wet mix before.

repashy superfood cgd is a condenced all in one diet for specially designed for crested geckos, but can be intended for other fruit eating reptiles, like anoles, iguanas and chameleons. it is all natural suppliments mixed together in powdered form, and ive seen chameleons eat the wet mix before.

Would you mind listing the specific ingredients and nutritional analysis? Just for my curiosity. Might be something I could consider using/adding.

Back
Top Bottom