Plants

kianna2118

Hello i need information for what kind of plants i can use for my chameleon to put inside his cage? I'm really just looking for a list of plants that can't affect my cham. thanks

Pothos and ficus the size depends on how big the cage is I have a 65 gallon with two 6" hanging pothos a white variety and a yellow variety. Along with a 6" ficus. My cham loves the White variety pothos she'll eat it and sleep in it.

And were can i find this kind of plants? Also i heard about the home (basking lights) were can i find some of those to, and what are the best lights besides spending alot of money at the pet store for them . thanks

any relatively large pet store. better get a proper heat lamp though. they focus the heat to a spot. with a bulb the only cost around $50 and for the uv light try to get a reptisun 5.0 and for the plants call the closest garden centres and ask. If you happen to live close to calgary I can give you the places where I got my stuff from.:D

I don't even know were that is lol. How bout home depot? And the basking light can i use a home light with a 25 w? That's what i heard i can use? I already have the tube uvb light .

a 25 w bulb won't give off enough heat try a 60w to 100w and Home Depot might have the plants your looking for or if you live in Canada Canadian tire or even Rona.

any relatively large pet store. better get a proper heat lamp though. they focus the heat to a spot. with a bulb the only cost around $50 and for the uv light try to get a reptisun 5.0 and for the plants call the closest garden centres and ask. If you happen to live close to calgary I can give you the places where I got my stuff from.:D

You don't need a "proper" heat lamp. Any regular household incandescent bulb is fine for a heat lamp. You can use the cheap clamp fixtures you can find at home depot for like 7 bucks. Walmart has them for 6.

Wattage, depends on what type of cham and how old. A 40-60 watt is recommended for young Veileds and Panthers. A 100 watt would cook him.

If your UVB bulb is a coil type floro. Don't use it. They have been linked to many issues with Chams including but not limited to blindness. Like Jevin suggested get a reptisun 5.0.

Back
Top Bottom