Plants

All my Pothos are from cuttings. I water 2x a week ones on bottom, the one on top 3x a week. I have no grow light just T5ho 5.0 uvb light and basking light. Hopefully they fill out soon. I hope you have better luck 😀

Attachments

• IMG_20220606_070659_hdr_kindlephoto-896340306.jpg
    IMG_20220606_070659_hdr_kindlephoto-896340306.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 60
I’ll certainly do that, also does anyone one know safe plants that do well in heat
I usually dont put any plants near the basking spot, but if I do just I just put a pothos about like 1 or 2 foot under it. You could also just plant around the basking spot, to hide it, thats what I usually do most of the time. I would say to just check your substrate, poke it with your finger to see if its too dry or too wet.

I’ll certainly do that, also does anyone one know safe plants that do well in heat
Hi ghost first i want to congradulate you on saving that sweet baby. I have rescued many different types of animals in my life and always am rewarded with a unique bond including a cham that eventually was so attached to me he would sleep by my neck. With regard to plants, any type of plant near the basking light will burn so try to keep leaves far enough away so they dont. The fern is not a high heat high light plant so it should be on the bottom and may not work out in your setup. It does like high humidity and a lot of misting so it may come back. I have a green thumb and let my plants tell me when to water and transplant. over watering is a common mistake that kills plants. Remember you are misting/fogging a lot so the normal watering instructions are no good. dry top soil is not an indicator as well because the lights a heat will dry it out but an inch down its damp. pathos are very hardy plants just dont overwater. I have two plants called swiss cheese. Dont know the formal name but they have large leaves that offer hiding spots and sturdy stalks that can take chams weight. If the roots start comIng out of the bottom, it time to transplant to a larger pot. A root bound plant can die quiickly. Many times, plants that are just bought are root bound and need transplanting right away. I have a Sansi plant light. Without the plant light i lost several plants so its necessary. I use a hand mister and mist the leaves twice a day. I fog at night on low and water when they need it. A good soaking about everyother week. If the leaves look limp it neefs watering. Also remove dying leaves right away to keeo the plant healther. Use organic soil. If the soil has little whilw things in it, its to aid in drainage. Put organic soil on top to cover so your cham doesnt swallow any hunting a feeder. Do not put little rocks on top of the soil you chams tongue is very strong and could swallow it hunting. Plants care is a learning process pay attention to them and once you learn their language they will tell u what they need. If you have a family member or friend/neighbor with a green thumb, ask for help and you will get hands on advice. Also try giving your cham different types of lettuce. Collard greens has the most vitamins A and K some love it some dont. but its and easy meal that doesnt require hunting.. Tear up a few pieces on put in a bowl or tie a whole leaf to something. try it once or twice a week to see if she likes it. If she does like eatung greens let me know. Sorry for all the typos but im older and cant use my thumbs like yiu young folk! Lol. Keep up the great work you have saved her life! Bravo!!!

Hi ghost first i want to congradulate you on saving that sweet baby. I have rescued many different types of animals in my life and always am rewarded with a unique bond including a cham that eventually was so attached to me he would sleep by my neck. With regard to plants, any type of plant near the basking light will burn so try to keep leaves far enough away so they dont. The fern is not a high heat high light plant so it should be on the bottom and may not work out in your setup. It does like high humidity and a lot of misting so it may come back. I have a green thumb and let my plants tell me when to water and transplant. over watering is a common mistake that kills plants. Remember you are misting/fogging a lot so the normal watering instructions are no good. dry top soil is not an indicator as well because the lights a heat will dry it out but an inch down its damp. pathos are very hardy plants just dont overwater. I have two plants called swiss cheese. Dont know the formal name but they have large leaves that offer hiding spots and sturdy stalks that can take chams weight. If the roots start comIng out of the bottom, it time to transplant to a larger pot. A root bound plant can die quiickly. Many times, plants that are just bought are root bound and need transplanting right away. I have a Sansi plant light. Without the plant light i lost several plants so its necessary. I use a hand mister and mist the leaves twice a day. I fog at night on low and water when they need it. A good soaking about everyother week. If the leaves look limp it neefs watering. Also remove dying leaves right away to keeo the plant healther. Use organic soil. If the soil has little whilw things in it, its to aid in drainage. Put organic soil on top to cover so your cham doesnt swallow any hunting a feeder. Do not put little rocks on top of the soil you chams tongue is very strong and could swallow it hunting. Plants care is a learning process pay attention to them and once you learn their language they will tell u what they need. If you have a family member or friend/neighbor with a green thumb, ask for help and you will get hands on advice. Also try giving your cham different types of lettuce. Collard greens has the most vitamins A and K some love it some dont. but its and easy meal that doesnt require hunting.. Tear up a few pieces on put in a bowl or tie a whole leaf to something. try it once or twice a week to see if she likes it. If she does like eatung greens let me know. Sorry for all the typos but im older and cant use my thumbs like yiu young folk! Lol. Keep up the great work you have saved her life! Bravo!!!
Oooo wow that a lot of info 😄
I always transfer my plants to new pots when I get them! Your right that the majority are root bound, I’ve asked my grandma for help cause she had a lot of plants and experience! I think my main problem currently is watering unfortunately. it’s been hard trying to find the right watering cycle. Fortunately I do have a few plants that are thriving! I think I’ve finally found the right watering mixture for the pothos! I’ll certainly try to take and use any advice that was giving in ur post. :D

I always transfer my plants to new pots when I get them! Your right that the majority are root bound, I’ve asked my grandma for help cause she had a lot of plants and experience! I think my main problem currently is watering unfortunately. it’s been hard trying to find the right watering cycle. Fortunately I do have a few plants that are thriving! I think I’ve finally found the right watering mixture for the pothos! I’ll certainly try to take and use any advice that was giving in ur post. :D
If I remember correctly. Not sure if this applies to all plants. But for pothos, if the leaves started to turn yellow, that means it's overwatering. But it's it's yellow with brown crisp on the edge is underwater

They will turn if not enough too. Easiest way to tell if you wait that long is drooping or limp leafs. Yellow leafs can be a few things. For next week take finger every day to check how dry dirt is from last watering.once you do that for a week should be able to get a water plan. The ones higher up need to be watered more if not directly in front of mist head. Lower ones need less water. I'm trying to do away with pots. I been putting my pothos in bottom in bioactive and training them to grow upwards same with wondering jew plants.Schefflera and hibiscus are also planted in bottom of cage Once they fill in little more won't have pots in cage. Which frees up alot of room. More room means happier cham.

Also when a plant doing poorly remove it from the cage and give it a good soaking from bottom up. Dont water top, place in a sink and let it soak up threw the bottom. Then let it get real indirect sun till it revives. Plants are like animals, very individual. Sorry for the novelett. Believe me this is a challege for me as well. Check out the swiss cheese plant it is cham safe. I found its thrivIng up.high so it gets the plant light.

They will turn if not enough too. Easiest way to tell if you wait that long is drooping or limp leafs. Yellow leafs can be a few things. For next week take finger every day to check how dry dirt is from last watering.once you do that for a week should be able to get a water plan. The ones higher up need to be watered more if not directly in front of mist head. Lower ones need less water. I'm trying to do away with pots. I been putting my pothos in bottom in bioactive and training them to grow upwards same with wondering jew plants.Schefflera and hibiscus are also planted in bottom of cage Once they fill in little more won't have pots in cage. Which frees up alot of room. More room means happier cham.
Curious on how you train it to grow upward, do you just tied their vines to pointed upward or how does that work? I've only used to just plant them from teh top and let teh vine grow down

Loosely zip tie it upwards. If you got one growing now with like 2 ft vine cut and plant in bottom. If not bioactive should work in pot. My way of think is if I planted in bioactive at bottom never have to water. I started with 6 inch clippings just to see and worked. So now I'm going to cut up most of my big ones to do something in all cages. But my veiled he not in bioactive was but moved back to old cage was just eating cuc. I didn't want him to get fat so he in a zoomed with light screens on three sides.

Loosely zip tie it upwards. If you got one growing now with like 2 ft vine cut and plant in bottom. If not bioactive should work in pot. My way of think is if I planted in bioactive at bottom never have to water. I started with 6 inch clippings just to see and worked. So now I'm going to cut up most of my big ones to do something in all cages. But my veiled he not in bioactive was but moved back to old cage was just eating cuc. I didn't want him to get fat so he in a zoomed with light screens on three sides.
Ah ic

Also when a plant doing poorly remove it from the cage and give it a good soaking from bottom up. Dont water top, place in a sink and let it soak up threw the bottom. Then let it get real indirect sun till it revives. Plants are like animals, very individual. Sorry for the novelett. Believe me this is a challege for me as well. Check out the swiss cheese plant it is cham safe. I found its thrivIng up.high so it gets the plant light.
I actually just got a Swiss cheese plant yesterday

Annnnnd I’m back again! Just got home from my road trip, and I got to say, the plants are doing awful! I’ve had to throw away one already and three others leaves are getting crackly! I’m not sure what to do, I thought I gave plenty instructions on how to take care of my plants but apparently not. Nachito is doing fine tho. I was wondering if I should take out the grow light? It seems to be drying out the plants. Also what other plants should I get to cover space? My two ferns and umbrella tree arnt doing well and losing their leaves.View attachment 326453
Pothos actually does better if it gets almost completely dry between waterings

Love seeing people succeed with live plants , 👍Pothos respond very well to having something to climb on or up. We often let them dange and you'll notice smaller leaves. If you take a long vine and secure it back to something higher it will really thrive and put off larger leaves

Slow growth could be few things. Most of time it's two things two much or to little water. Also could be to close to light or compacted soil. I put few pothos in bottom of bioactive and they are growing better then any in pots. The soil under the leaf litter always moist. I'm trying to grow them from bottom up so less pots which means more room for cham

Back
Top Bottom