Plants and Cage build ideas

Thehippie

Chameleon Enthusiast
ok so i made a thread about a month ago about apollos new cage build, since i am getting Bandit ive decided i'll do both at once. how do you guys mount your plants. they both have a 2x2x4 reptibreeze screen cage. also how do you guys use air plants??? those were always cool to me. i'd love to see some enclosures for inspiration. ive got drainage and humidity down, i just need some help decorating. also what types of branches do you use??

I'm a big fan of using a lattice in screen cages. This is how I have my girl Lily set up:

20200106_141820.jpg

And Kismet in her 36x18x36 ExoTerra:

20200125_111356.jpg

Kismet has a bunch of airplants. In her enclosure, I've simply tucked the airplants into nooks and crannies in the foam background. They've been doing well for the last 5 months! In terms of mounting... I havent permanently mounted many of them. Of the few that I have, I used a spot of Super Glue on the roots.

Branch wise, I used a mixture of aged soft- and hardwoods. Mostly roots, actually! I have a mixture of juniper, willow, and pine of some variety. Hardwoods will likely hold out better over time (less prone to rot), but I havent had any issues yet.

I'm a big fan of using a lattice in screen cages. This is how I have my girl Lily set up:

View attachment 257451

View attachment 257452

Kismet has a bunch of airplants. In her enclosure, I've simply tucked the airplants into nooks and crannies in the foam background. They've been doing well for the last 5 months! In terms of mounting... I havent permanently mounted many of them. Of the few that I have, I used a spot of Super Glue on the roots.

Branch wise, I used a mixture of aged soft- and hardwoods. Mostly roots, actually! I have a mixture of juniper, willow, and pine of some variety. Hardwoods will likely hold out better over time (less prone to rot), but I havent had any issues yet.
wow those enclosures look amazing!! ill try the lattice since it seems very convenient

View attachment 257451

View attachment 257452

I love what you've done with the "Kismet" set up. When you said you use foam on the background, did you use spray expandable foam or another type of foam. What type of air plants did you use? They look great!!! I want to do something very similar to this in mine. Do you have a video or something that you explain everything. Thanks for sharing your set up. Very impressive!!!

I love what you've done with the "Kismet" set up. When you said you use foam on the background, did you use spray expandable foam or another type of foam. What type of air plants did you use? They look great!!! I want to do something very similar to this in mine. Do you have a video or something that you explain everything. Thanks for sharing your set up. Very impressive!!!
Last post I find from that member (GoodKarma19) is Aug., 2020. IDK if s/he is currently active or not.

Back
Top Bottom