Plant Struggle

I’ve had my cham for almost two years. I’ve never kept plants until getting him and it’s been a real struggle. During the first year I’ve had to swap plants out frequently due to them dying. I purchased a Sansi grow light, which helped tremendously for about 8 months. The picture below is how BEAUTIFUL they looked- then a month ago they started slowing dying- then boom. Fully dead. I don’t know what Im doing wrong 😭. I don’t know if there’s much advice to be given but I wanna show how fluffy and pretty the pothos were :( I was very proud

Attachments

• 5FD7C97A-025C-4D23-985B-90326A5906AE.jpeg
    5FD7C97A-025C-4D23-985B-90326A5906AE.jpeg
    200.9 KB · Views: 44
I’ve had my cham for almost two years. I’ve never kept plants until getting him and it’s been a real struggle. During the first year I’ve had to swap plants out frequently due to them dying. I purchased a Sansi grow light, which helped tremendously for about 8 months. The picture below is how BEAUTIFUL they looked- then a month ago they started slowing dying- then boom. Fully dead. I don’t know what Im doing wrong 😭. I don’t know if there’s much advice to be given but I wanna show how fluffy and pretty the pothos were :( I was very proud
Are you watering enough ? Many tend to think that with the higher humidity, dripper, misting and fogging that that is enough for plants when infact it's not. I water all of my plants once a week. I don't that brand of grow light but it should be enough, I have Arcadia's Jungle Dawns LED bars on all of my enclosures with good results from my umbrella plants, pothos, Jasmine and ivy's.

Are you watering enough ? Many tend to think that with the higher humidity, dripper, misting and fogging that that is enough for plants when infact it's not.
I did occasionally! I think my main problem is just overthinking what the plant needs- and not knowing much about plants in general 😂 In the beginning I was watering the plants- then Id get some yellow leaves and pulled them off. Thought it was yellowing due to overwatering so when Id mist, Id “water” the plants just a little every day. That seemed to work for awhile until it obviously didn’t haha. Im gonna have to research even more, I just can’t seem to get it right smh

what i like to do is usually just find house plants because i feel like those are the ones that work best for me! i also try to look for plants that work good in shade as well and out those towards the bottom the enclosure. i have a mass cane tree in mine, and then i bought a tree form a local nursery that sits at the bottom of my tree. i’m not too picky with the trees i use and stuff because i rinse them worth non scented soap and just make sure they’re not toxic. plants that are toxic to dogs and cats are not necessarily toxic to reptiles. these guys live out in the wild, so i just kind of like to think like them

Back
Top Bottom