Plant question

Agreed, a lot of people have trouble keeping that plant due to the amount of direct light they require. Water and humidity are rarely an issue in chameleon enclosures if the proper misting routines are in place.

Jungle dawn led spotlights are supposed to be exceptional for plant growth. I don't have one but I know someone that does and they run full bio active set up and their plants are thriving with it.
I wanted to put hibiscus in for my cham. also, I was just afraid it wouldn't get nearly enough light. The bottom of cage is 90% shaded by the canopy of plants. I think Im gonna give this a try tho. See if I can put light in one corner with hibiscus directly under it, eh?

I wanted to put hibiscus in for my cham. also, I was just afraid it wouldn't get nearly enough light. The bottom of cage is 90% shaded by the canopy of plants. I think Im gonna give this a try tho. See if I can put light in one corner with hibiscus directly under it, eh?
@jamest0o0 what do you think about this plan? You are so familiar with the jungle dawn lighting and what they are capable of. :)

I run the Jungle Dawn LED spot and it is a must have for hibiscus. They DO NOT like their soil to dry out so I have a plant meter I check mine every morning and add water as needed. Once a bloom is done pinch it off so the plant can use it resources for a new bloom.

Attachments

• DF474C31-2E06-44DF-B8CE-66C08A68AF91.jpeg
    DF474C31-2E06-44DF-B8CE-66C08A68AF91.jpeg
    208.5 KB · Views: 165
Hibiscus need direct light. As said earlier, the best one I can think of is the jungle dawn 40w and I have it right now. Make sure the plants at the bottom aren't completely blocked by the taller plants and branches. You need to think of how to arrange your plants so that every plant get at least some light.

Tall plants at the back, medium plants in the middle area and lastly fill the front of your enclosure with shorter plants. This creates depth and light for all plants to enjoy. A hibiscus should be in the middle.

I use 2, 4 foot fixtures one uv bulb and 3 6500k full spectrum bulbs, it sufficient for everything I grow, not sure about hibiscus

I got a grow bulb from Home Depot that has been working wonders for my plants. It was also only 12 bucks and fits in any standard light fixture. In the week I've had it set up, I've seen about an inch of vehicle growth

Back
Top Bottom