Plant Question and Hello!

LucyLoo

Hello everyone!

I've been a member, but lurker, up until this week. I finally have a question that I can't find a definite answer for and hope someone knows.

Lucy is my first chameleon and she has just begun to show her adult/mature colors over the past few weeks; according to the pet store she would be between ten and eleven months now (the only thing they were about right with!).

She has been in her big girl habitat for a little over a month now (XL Reptibreeze) and with all the extra room I have been having a blast researching and filling it with live plants to make her hiding spots and humidity pockets.

So far I have gotten her a gorgeous 3 1/2 foot tall schefflera arbicola (she's had it since January and it's still her favorite), a red prayer plant, a pothos, a regular wax plant, condensed wax plant, bromeliad, two different crotons, and a bonsai schefflera that I put in the bottom so I don't forget to water it until it's big enough for her to climb. I scrub down all of my plants, repot in organic and plant food free soil and use river rocks over the soil just to be safe.

This week I picked up a second pothos to fill in the upper corner (the condensed wax plant that was supposed to go there had an accident during repotting and ended up....smaller than intended) and saw a "goldfish plant", also labeled nematanthus. It was so pretty I had to pick it up.

I have seen them labeled columnea on a few sites that said they were safe and wanted to know if anyone has used this one with a veiled cham or knows if it will be okay for her (she does munch on leaves from time to time)? I read that the two are basically from the same plant family, but I won't put anything in unless I'm 100% sure, so it's just sitting next to her enclosure.

I have learned so much through this site over the past 5 months; me and Lucy are grateful to you all for keeping her healthy and happy!

Back
Top Bottom