Plant light

Fchamel

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello! I am wanting to buy a plant light for carly's enclosure. Would this one be sufficient?
Screenshot_20210121-162917.png

The question boils down to the ppf or PAR that the plant would receive at such a distance away from the plant. Based on the recommended distance for that bulb, I don't think it will be strong enough to reach the plant in a meaningful way. I could be wrong though. Someone like @dshuld should be able to help.

Kelvin only matters so much. I have two 36watt sansi bulbs that are 4400k and they work amazing. It's the PAR that matters.

I'm trying to find a thread on here that I can link that might help; though I'm not finding it so far. I'll keep looking for it.

or maybe it is just PPF. @Klyde O'Scope knows I think.
Okay so I can definitely help here. Par is how much photo synthetically active radiation a light is putting out and ppf is basically your micromoles per second (aka how much usable light energy the light is giving of per second.)

That light is going to definitely be a lot better than just a basking bulb and uvb but somewhat underpowered. I have that bulbs big brother basically which. It's more expensive but much better. I find the box a drop a photo. The one I got is around $35-40 but also about 4 times the power. With most of the plants we put in these cages being shade loving plants either will work but I suggest the one I got personally.

Normally I would buy cobs, pucks or strip led and wire my own fixtures but I didn't want to spend the money and a powerful light is just going to make the plants explode with growth which is not ideal in my book. Rather grow em slow. Less water, less trimming less problems

The question boils down to the ppf or PAR that the plant would receive at such a distance away from the plant. Based on the recommended distance for that bulb, I don't think it will be strong enough to reach the plant in a meaningful way. I could be wrong though. Someone like @dshuld should be able to help.

Kelvin only matters so much. I have two 36watt sansi bulbs that are 4400k and they work amazing. It's the PAR that matters.

I'm trying to find a thread on here that I can link that might help; though I'm not finding it so far. I'll keep looking for it.
I use the sansi as well. I grow and sell tropical plants and have used that bulb with great success. Well worth the money 👍🏻

I really like the Arcadia jungle dawn you can piggy back onto the arcadia pro uvb unit require only one timer to power them both and a single power adapter 😎
That is facts right there. I did not realize these have the ability to use a jumper cord to string the lights. Definitely going to do that at some point or get a double bulb t5 fixture and run a nice led t5 for plants in one side and uvb in another.

Piggy backing would be nice. I have a smart timer with 6 outlets in one unit. And use every single outlet. Will have to check in to the Arcadia one for my next setup.
Also you have a timer with 6 outlets. Can it run different time programs to different outlets? 😍😍😍😍😍
I need those in my life idk if I've seen one with that many.

If you could link the one you use that'd be appreciated.

Yes you can control each plug individually and sent a schedule for each outlet. It’s a great plug👍🏻
https://www.amazon.com/Kasa-Smart-P...tlet&qid=1611289318&sprefix=6+plug+sm&sr=8-12
Holy.....!!! That's amazing! I just have a regular power strip connected to a single smart plug. I would totally use this smart power strip though so I could have different lights turn on at different times to simulate sunrise more closely! Thanks for sharing something that I totally need but never heard about before!

Holy.....!!! That's amazing! I just have a regular power strip connected to a single smart plug. I would totally use this smart power strip though so I could have different lights turn on at different times to simulate sunrise more closely! Thanks for sharing something that I totally need but never heard about before!
Absolutely, It’s been super handy for me and I do a slow turn on and off every days. Even have one light go off and back on before the rain storm comes in. Check Amazon wear house you maybe to snag it for a much better price.

Okay so I can definitely help here. Par is how much photo synthetically active radiation a light is putting out and ppf is basically your micromoles per second (aka how much usable light energy the light is giving of per second.)

That light is going to definitely be a lot better than just a basking bulb and uvb but somewhat underpowered. I have that bulbs big brother basically which. It's more expensive but much better. I find the box a drop a photo. The one I got is around $35-40 but also about 4 times the power. With most of the plants we put in these cages being shade loving plants either will work but I suggest the one I got personally.

Normally I would buy cobs, pucks or strip led and wire my own fixtures but I didn't want to spend the money and a powerful light is just going to make the plants explode with growth which is not ideal in my book. Rather grow em slow. Less water, less trimming less problems
I didnt know there was so much to look for when getting plant lights🤯

Back
Top Bottom