Are umbrella plants good for the bottom of the cage?

Umbrella plants are a great plants for chameleons! If you put an umbrella plant in the bottom it should grow. They will grow up a bit towards the light so it should be fine. I have an Arcadia jungle dawn that might help if you have it. 👍🏽 😊

yes I have heard that the jungle dawn plant LED helps but I didn't know if it could reach all the way to the bottom of the cage
Most of our enclosures are pretty dark on the bottom just from all the plants. I’d look into getting something that likes low light for the bottom of your enclosure. I’ve got some pothos that have been doing well so far.

I think it’ll be alright. I know of a several people who’s umbrella plants grow great in their enclosure. If it’s not that tall then maybe leave it outside and let grow a bit taller that way it will reach for light easier and live. Let us know how it goes.

How do they do with lots of water? If I put it on the bottom a lot of the mister water will collect in the pot
Will it die if it gets over watered?
Umbrella plants will die if they get over watered. Overwatering them can lead to root rot. If the leaves start turning yellow one reason could be from over watering. Because of this it might not do well at the bottom collecting a lot o water. But I’m not 100% sure so you could still try. Hope this helps 👍🏽

I have an umbrella plant for about two or so months now. Base on what I have read, they don’t like too much water. I don’t mist the much since my fogger is the main hydration for my cham the plant substrate is not that wet and it is growing new leaves and branches. I don’t know when summer comes because my plan is to mist more when it gets hot here since I will not be able to fog since the temp will be in the mid to high 70’s inside the house. Hope it will not drown. Take note my cage is bioactive so drainage os not a problem but getting the substrate soggy is possible.

Back
Top Bottom