Plant Light

I usually look for it to say 6500k light. But I think this ones got it covered it just doesn't say. U should be able to go to any hardware store. I found a 4 pack of CFL bulbs (compact fluorescent light) for 6 bucks wat walmart. They do great!

I usually look for it to say 6500k light. But I think this ones got it covered it just doesn't say. U should be able to go to any hardware store. I found a 4 pack of CFL bulbs (compact fluorescent light) for 6 bucks wat walmart. They do great!

Ohh alright ill check Walmart. I plan on buying a reptisun 5.0 uvb light and I'm gonna need the fixture too so do you think I would be able to use the grow light with the zoo med mini deep dome which I won't be using once I get the reptisun sun?

Quick question...when you say 6500K is that the same as lumens? :confused::confused::confused:

Lumens is the brightness. 6500k is the kelvin rating, which indicates the color of the light. The higher the number the bluer the light, the lower, the redder.

Lumens is the brightness. 6500k is the kelvin rating, which indicates the color of the light. The higher the number the bluer the light, the lower, the redder.

Where do you find the K number on CFL's? Almost all of the lights in my apartment are CFL's and if I don't have to buy a plant light because the ones I have work that would be great....:cool:

Sometimes it says it on the base of the bulb, sometimes the package, often times nowhere. If you have one that is particularly blueish, it's probably a 6500k.

I ended up purchasing the one that was in the link that I posted.It has a really light blue finish on the face of the bulb but doesnt light up blue at all, it has more of a natural look. Once I buy my fixture for my reptisun uvb light tomorrow, I plan on putting the grow bulb in my zoo med mini deep dome fixture. Would that be ok?

Back
Top Bottom