Plant light help!!

Larissa132

Just got my 70w sansi plant light and I wanted to know if it can sit on top of the cage or if it needs to be mounted above??

I like to use a wire rack on top of my cage to support the lights. there's not much that holds those screens in place and putting that much weight on the screen might deform it or start pulling it loose. I think I paid maybe $15 or $20 for a 4' long wire rack taht works great on my Dragonstrands. I also attached my mistking nozzles to it so that I didn't have to cut intot he screen.

@jamest0o0 has a similar setup (whose idea I stole :D)

I used two 3 foot long pieces of aluminum and put them across the top of my cage to support the weight then got a small wire basket that I set upside down on the aluminum pieces and set my sansi light on top. Be careful because this light gets hot.

I used two 3 foot long pieces of aluminum and put them across the top of my cage to support the weight then got a small wire basket that I set upside down on the aluminum pieces and set my sansi light on top. Be careful because this light gets hot.
How hot does it get?? Also how tall is the basket on top? I currently put to pieces of wood across the cage and than have the light hovering on both boards.

Also do you leave it on for a 12/12 lighting schedule?

You can leave it on a shorter schedule so it gets brighter later and darker gradually... So if you run T5 7-7 then you could run the plant light 9-5.

Which kind did you get? You might be able to put a hook in your ceiling and hang it that way or get a plant hanger that you screw into the wall. They make long ones. Then hang it from there.

I used to sit them on top of the screen enclosure, trying to sit it so some weight was on the frame corners. Now I have most hanging from the ceiling and a couple still set on top. I got tired of hanging hooks. They do come with a hanging wire…you just need a ceiling hook.

You can leave it on a shorter schedule so it gets brighter later and darker... So if you run T5 7-7 then you could run the plant light 9-5.

Which kind did you get? You might be able to put a hook in your ceiling and hang it that way or get a plant hanger that you screw into the wall. They make long ones. Then hang it from there.

I used to sit them on top of the screen enclosure, trying to sit it so some weight was on the frame corners. Now I have most hanging from the ceiling and a couple still set on top. I got tired of hanging hooks. They do come with a hanging wire…you just need a ceiling hook.
How far above the cage do they sit with them hanging? Trying to get an idea of how high they need to be

I built a frame for the top of the cage to mount mine
They’re pretty heavy and the fixture does get pretty hot so I’d try to keep it off the screen if you can

I built a frame for the top of the cage to mount mine
They’re pretty heavy and the fixture does get pretty hot so I’d try to keep it off the screen if you can
Thank you, got boards across and a a 8in metal basket its sitting on top of now!

Back
Top Bottom