Plant Identification

TheLetterAfterP(Q)

Avid Member
I'm trying to buy some more plants for my up and coming cham and I came across this!
IMG_4812.jpg

Does anyone know what plant this is or if it is cham friendly?

There are a host of plants on the safe plant list: here’s the list courtesy of flchams:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/is-this-plant-good-for-a-chameleon.171796/post-1522604

Personally, even with veileds, I usually use whatever I want...unless, of course, it’s like drop dead toxic. I’ve used many species of plant that aren’t on the safe list for my veileds.

This this this. Plant list is nice, but also very contradictory. Many plants you'll find that are listed as toxic have the same 'toxins' as some plants that are listed as safe(see pothos). I too only worry about plants that have obviously dangerous properties. Many toxic plants are only towards cats/dogs/some mammals and even in that case it's like an upset stomache. Same thing with a lot of 'toxic' insects. Not saying don't be cautious, but also don't lose sleep over it.

This this this. Plant list is nice, but also very contradictory. Many plants you'll find that are listed as toxic have the same 'toxins' as some plants that are listed as safe(see pothos). I too only worry about plants that have obviously dangerous properties. Many toxic plants are only towards cats/dogs/some mammals and even in that case it's like an upset stomache. Same thing with a lot of 'toxic' insects. Not saying don't be cautious, but also don't lose sleep over it.
Couldn’t agree more. Though the following are very high light plants, and so more difficult to keep indoors, I am currently using all of them in my various setups, and they are all listed as “no-nos “ :

mandevilla
Passiflora
Bougainvillea

Back
Top Bottom