Plant i.d

bradleymarky

i picked this up today and was wondering if it is a pothos as it didnt have any i.d on it and couldnt find anybody with brains to tell me

Attachments

• new piccies.jpg
    new piccies.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 98
I see no one has responded to you probably because like me they are unsure! Our pothos over her look a little different and are usually sold in pots and then they vine downward below the pot. The leaves look similar to our pothos but I am not positive and do not want to give you the wrong info. Sorry!

Can't be sure...

Not sure but I think it looks more like some type of "IVY"... If you are not sure and cannot find out for 100% then if I were you I'd not use it to be on the safe side. But the fact they have it twined upward and looking at the leaves to me it looks like some type of IVY... If you have a local greenhouse you could drive it over and ask them.
:confused:

Not sure but I think it looks more like some type of "IVY"... If you are not sure and cannot find out for 100% then if I were you I'd not use it to be on the safe side. But the fact they have it twined upward and looking at the leaves to me it looks like some type of IVY... If you have a local greenhouse you could drive it over and ask them.
:confused:

Agreed with Gensen! Looking at it agin, it does look like the leaf of an Ivy!

plant

you are correct with the name.. i have one myself and know of a person on here that uses this plant in all his cages.. only thing is.. that if it flowers or gets berries make sure to pinch them off. or if the chameleon does end up munching on more then just a lil nibble then i would take it out. but i have only heard it is toxic to dogs, cats who ingest a bit like they would do with grass. so i guess like someone else said, its a gamble. but i have so many types of ivy and vines that i want to try.. but my lil one likes to try everything.. even researches why they like dirt. found someone saying they make a certain mixture to provide if he gets his dirt craving lol. this is a mix of compost peatmoss and other organic mixes and mosses. also i would like to know about a plant also?? this is a passion vine. but the speices i have here is a diff one then all the others they show to be poisonous. i can get the name. just wondering what yall think. plus it is were passion fruit comes from, so i really do not understand. just think it would be cool, because they like the airy humid climate also. and they climb like crazy and easy to propagate.

you have the Glacier Hedera. ;) The woody type ivy are the ones that are more toxic for some reason, thats what we have .. try and find a grape ivy, that would be cool.. thats what im looking for now. Anyone find these let me know. I think it would look nice in the enclosure . Vines are always better than ivy. And its not the grape vine im looking for. Its Grape Ivy.
Thanks.
K.C.

Back
Top Bottom