Plant Decontamination

zombiepixel

So Trogdor has tested positive for coccidia and hooks, we have begun treating him.

I'm going to remove his ficus for the time being, he will have his fake branches and leaves in there it will look like this.

3618166471_f515072e6f.jpg

How do I decontaminate the fake foliage with an ammonia solution? I'm at work during the day so hopefully he will poop on the floor and not hit the leaves. ;)

honestly what are the cleaning and rinsing steps for this stuff? I ready about a 20/30 solution weekly, but i've never done this before.

I haven't tried ammonium; if it were me, I'd try a weak (10%) bleach solution - wash in the weak bleach, rinse very thoroughly and dry for a day before putting it back in.

I've never decontaminated a plant, just cleaned my sceffleras in the tub using soapy water. Chucking the contaminated ficus and replacing is an option, and perhaps taking your cham out and cleaning the entire cage with mild dishwasher soap solution and then rinsing well is in order...hope u get some others to chime in who have perhaps dealt with this kind of thing before.

Back
Top Bottom