Plant advance needed.

Pistachiochameleon

Established Member
Some of my plants near the bottom of the tank are dying. I’m pretty sure it’s due to lack of light.

Does anyone have any ideas how to raise them up? I was thinking about planting them all in one big cage planter that would take up the whole bottom enclosure; that way I could get rid of the lay bin and it would raise them up due to the depth...

Any other ideas?

Attachments

• EA02AD55-0BEA-4DAD-8AE8-BB683610548E.jpeg
    EA02AD55-0BEA-4DAD-8AE8-BB683610548E.jpeg
    277 KB · Views: 79
Build a frame around the cage, or try dragon ledges, or the planter idea. those crotons need a lot of light. I'd suggest a jungle dawn spot bulb if you got a spare $60 or so... they can grow the ground cover out no problem.

I use branches anchored to sides as make shift (read: cheapo) dragon ledges. Then i ziptie plants to them.

I bought a Sansi plant bulb and it does a great job of getting light to the bottom. They have a 15,30 and 40w option. I went with 30w and its plenty bright. My plants are doing great! About $25 on amazonz

I use branches anchored to sides as make shift (read: cheapo) dragon ledges. Then i ziptie plants to them.

I bought a Sansi plant bulb and it does a great job of getting light to the bottom. They have a 15,30 and 40w option. I went with 30w and its plenty bright. My plants are doing great! About $25 on amazonz

I need to try one of those bulbs. The crotons like very powerful light(they grow in the FL sun all over the place). If they can handle them then screw the JD lol

I need to try one of those bulbs. The crotons like very powerful light(they grow in the FL sun all over the place). If they can handle them then screw the JD lol

I can't compare the two, but so far happy with the Sansi. Sorta wishing I bumped up to the 40w for the Atriums, but the 30w still reaches the bottom. I was worried they'd be too bright but the chams like being under them. I think there was a coupon on Amazon when I ordered.

Thanks for the help! I was able to get two plants off the ground and raised into the corners of the tank. (Chinese money plant, and the snake plant). Officially have no more fake plants in my enclosure!

Attachments

• 4F21085F-A5E2-4875-A1B2-4C221F723ED1.jpeg
    4F21085F-A5E2-4875-A1B2-4C221F723ED1.jpeg
    347.7 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom