Plain calcium...period!

I'm on the other side, I'm a heavy supplementer, but I mix things up a lot. I like controlled chaos with my supplementing regime because I feel if you do things on a strict schedule, and one little thing is off, over time you are doomed to have an imbalance whether it be too much or too little. At least that's how I look at it.

I supplement my Parsons as much or more than I did with my Panthers(I figure he's growing, he needs it). He's had no edema or problems from it yet. I do cut d3 out during summers outside just because it's not necessary.

I kind of go by this as well. Looking at nature in a seasonal area diets will change. For many Australian grass finches diet is what triggers breeding.

What kind of gutload did you use and what type of insects did you provide? I'm wanting to increase the variety in my leopard gecko's diet.

I use Cricket Crack for my dry Gutload along with fresh organic fruits, veggies and allot of greens, such as mango, strawberry, banana, carrot, butternut squash, sweet potato, mustard, turnip greens, collard, dandelion, endive and kale. I rotate feeders such as roaches (3 kinds), crickets, praying mantis, grass hoppers, katydid, stick insects, a variety of moths, superworms, Phoenix worms, silkworms and hornworms.

I use Cricket Crack for my dry Gutload along with fresh organic fruits, veggies and allot of greens, such as mango, strawberry, banana, carrot, butternut squash, sweet potato, mustard, turnip greens, collard, dandelion, endive and kale. I rotate feeders such as roaches (3 kinds), crickets, praying mantis, grass hoppers, katydid, stick insects, a variety of moths, superworms, Phoenix worms, silkworms and hornworms.
What method do you use to keep your reptile safe when feeding a praying mantis?

There might be something to that too! Do you have a rough dusting regime?

Mainly arcadia earth pro, sometimes spirulina, sometimes plain calc, sometimes repashy lod(once or twice a month maybe), sometimes a fuzzy mouse(about once a month), among random other things if I feel like it lol.

Mainly arcadia earth pro, sometimes spirulina, sometimes plain calc, sometimes repashy lod(once or twice a month maybe), sometimes a fuzzy mouse(about once a month), among random other things if I feel like it lol.
Love it!

I dust with calcium and supplements more often when raising species that grow at faster rates and to a larger adult sizes. That is more specifically for Furcifer verrucosus, Furcifer oustaleti, Calumma parsonii parsonii and Trioceros melleri. Those species have got more demanding growth nutrient and mineral requirements. That is when they reach adult sizes I slow down with supplements, mostly go with gutloading, and variety of feeder insects fed.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I dust with calcium and supplements more often when raising species that grow at faster rates and to a larger adult sizes. That is more specifically for Furcifer verrucosus, Furcifer oustaleti, Calumma parsonii parsonii and Trioceros melleri. Those species have got more demanding growth nutrient and mineral requirements. That is when they reach adult sizes I slow down with supplements, mostly go with gutloading, and variety of feeder insects fed.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Pretty much my thoughts on it too

Back
Top Bottom