Pictures of gravid females wanted!

pssh

Avid Member
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone had any gravid pictures of females that they wouldn't mind me using in a blog (credit given of course.) I figured it would be a good idea to make a compilation of all sorts of gravid females for anyone who needs to know what to look for. Any suggestions about what should go on it? If you have a picture of a less common species you want to share, maybe you could enlighten me about signs of becoming gravid for that particular species?

Maybe it can even eventually go into the new members resources if I can get a variety of pictures and species.

:D

Thanks,
Kara

you can use these if you like

Gravid panther:
full

Receptive (same animal as above):
full

Not carrying eggs, but also not whatsoever receptive, so get the heck away from me:
full

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you already got some panther pics but check these.
All the same female
DSCI0581.jpg

Scuze the spongebob board shorts :eek::p
DSCI0584.jpg

DSCI0585.jpg

Sorry the pics arent the best quality.
You should see this girl when shes hot in the sun, most orange female I have ever seen in my life!

hey pssh. i may have a couple gravid pictures of my Veiled on my profile. They should be in HD as well. feel free to use whatever you'd like, just let me know what pictures you chose :)

Not out in nature, but...

Attachments

• Linda Lee 1.jpg
    Linda Lee 1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 216
  • Linda Lee 2.jpg
    Linda Lee 2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 209
Here are some of my panther Layla and vieled Lucy.

Attachments

• DVC00192.JPG
    DVC00192.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 203
  • Layla3.jpg.JPG
    Layla3.jpg.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 191
  • Lucy Pissed off.JPG
    Lucy Pissed off.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 206
  • LucyGravid1.jpg.JPG
    LucyGravid1.jpg.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 208
Gravid Trioceros ellioti.

Female 1
080.jpg

Female 2.
077.jpg

Female 3.
029-1.jpg

Gravid Kinyongia tenuis

030.jpg

Picture1137912-1.jpg

Picture1138088.jpg

Gravid Kinyongia tavetana Female 1
Picture1137060.jpg

Female 2
Picture1102.jpg

Female 3
Picture279.jpg

Gravid Furcifer pardalis
compf.jpg

Really they dont change much in color.

The ellioti are live bearers so a good indication they are gravid is just looking like a balloon:D

The tenuis will get some what darker with a more rustic look and also look fat. Its pretty easy to tell with them because they are typically a skinny, lanky species. The tavetana dont change much in color. It seems some of them develop more neon type colors but I hadnt seen it in all of them. Could just be a variation. Ill try to find some pics of the tenuis and tavetana non-gravid for a comparison tomorrow. Now, its time to go skate!

Are those pictures archives, or are they currently gravid in your collection?

The only ones in my collection now are the first female ellioti and I am soon getting back my female tenuis along with my male and a different one due to the person I sold them to having to travel a lot for the next few months.

The rest of them, unfortunately, are dead besides the pardalis female which I sold and havent heard anything from the keeper about her since after she arrived at their house.

Back
Top Bottom