pictures of gravid female yemens???

kevlar

hi guys i was wondering if any one has pics of there yemens when gravid as i have had a few people tell me mine is and then a few tell me she is not, she goes a dark green with big yellow dots on her when the male is put near her and is proper grumpy!!!!!!

cheers guys any help would be good

wow ok see now i have a dilemer do all females go the same colour or would some vay as mine has started going very dark but with bright yellow markings like in those pics but no blue???

Mine doesn't show the gravid colours at all. Maybe it's because she has no male to warn off her, or maybe because they are infertile eggs, I don't know. I've ony seen her go the very dark colours while she's actually in the process of laying. Anyway here is a pic of Lily's large rear end - not a very flattering photo though poor girl! (Sorry Lily - love you really!) :D

LilyBigBum.jpg

wow ok see now i have a dilemer do all females go the same colour or would some vay as mine has started going very dark but with bright yellow markings like in those pics but no blue???

Yes you will always have variation. A picture of your girl would be helpful. Are you sure it's a Veil / Yemen? I know a few other species that get yellow dots over body.

Last edited:
P1010732.jpg

she was pissed at me then
P1010728.jpg

and thats how she stayed for a while but she has become proper moody?the first pic aint brill as the light was a bit crap

Does she have a suitable place to dig in the cage to lay the eggs? Not providing her with a proper place can lead to eggbinding.

yeah i put her box in like a week ago because i thought she was but a load of people from another forum told me she was not?

Back
Top Bottom