Picture Update

steviejcsc

A few pictures to update my little guy!

I increased his heat light from 55w to 60w. He seems to be eating around 2-3 crickets in the morning now. His colors have also lightened from dark browns and blacks!! I think because it is now warmer. The basking tems runs in the 87-88 range. He is around 3 months, is this to hot? I have read 90 some places and 85 some places?!?!

Also any guesses on sex? Bought him as a male, but I think he may be a she!

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Thanks Everyone! Let me know what ya think!

A few pictures to update my little guy!

I increased his heat light from 55w to 60w. He seems to be eating around 2-3 crickets in the morning now. His colors have also lightened from dark browns and blacks!! I think because it is now warmer. The basking temps runs in the 87-88 range. He is around 3 months, is this to hot? I have read 90 some places and 85 some places?!?!

Also any guesses on sex? Bought him as a male, but I think he may be a she.
Thanks Everyone! Let me know what ya think!

Very nice Cham!

The temperature might be a bit high, but I wouldn't worry.

It could go either way. I'm not very experienced. If it is a boy, he has a rather small hemi-penal bulge.

My breeder told me 80-85 degrees for the basking spot... you seem pretty close. I think 90 might be a little hot

edit: whoops sorry... missed skullys last comment

That's a pretty thick tail base/first part of tail for a she but I don't really see anywhere for a bulge to go. If you get a closer up pic from the side of the tail area it will be alot easier for some of the people on here who are good at sexing to tell. I am not really one of those people but I always try. I still think it's a he. You may want to raise the light about and inch or so higher and the temps should be perfect for basking. Good luck. What locale is he?

Justin

EDIT: Nevermind I just read your signature. Where did you get him from should be my question instead of locale. Nosy Be X Ambilobes always look nice to me.

I got him from a breeder in N.H. at the reptile expo. I was not going to buy one at the show, but could not resist!! :D

Yeah, I think male too, but as you said no bulge! I bought him as a male, but they were a little unsure. I love it anyways.

I will try to watch the heat, 90 just seems to hot, but alot of care sheets all say 90?

Nice cham you got there. He is looking lovely;)

Oh and so just so you know...never go to an expo and say im not buying anything. I said that and when i went there i bought a TON of feeders, almost got a male veiled, and went home with a bearded pygmy chameleon:)

Would it be dangerous to keep the basking at 90? When I was using the 55w he was dark all of the time, now with a 60w he is lighter and more active.

Back
Top Bottom