Picture of Saki

sagemoon2004

Established Member
This is Saki, approx. 2 yr old male veiled. I bought him from a college student for 100.00 in the glass terrarium, where I guess he has lived most of his life. His new screen cage should be done by Mon, I have been obsessing about it long enough. Waiting for poly. sealer to dry and then it is assembly time. I will post pics and basic construction after. My main concern is that he still does not ever shoot his tongue, was bowl fed forever. I adjusted the D3 that he was over-dosed on and still waiting. He is very slow to eat and it concerns me. Gut loading feeders with veggies, etc. Hope to see improvements soon and get him out of that darn glass, I can tell he is un-happy. Just wanted to share, as I am new to the forum, but reading everything here for the last 4 wks. Thanks for all of the great info. P.S. He does have plants in the cage, and more waiting on my floor for the new cage, that glass thing is only 24x24x18, not alot of room...

Attachments

• saki 010.jpg
    saki 010.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Hi Sagemoon,

being from Michigan, the glass cage might not be bad in helping with humidity.
it's far better then screen when the winter months hit and your ambiant humidity is in the tolet.

the size of the cage might also seem small, but it's not like he will use the lower portion of the cage much anyway. so it's not all that bad.
yet I agree that a larger cage for your veiled is a good idea as many of them require lots of room.

if humidity in your room durring the winter months start to fall too low, then think of buying a cool mist humidifier to help with low humidity levels.

good luck, and keep us updated.

Harry

Congratulations on your new velied. If your house is heated I'd put him in a 48" high all screen cage. Are you using a UVB bulb? If so what kind? Make sure to gut load his feeders and use calcuim without d3 at everyother feeding and calcium with d3 twice a month and a multi vitamins once or twice a month. I like the Herptivite and would suggest that if you don't already have one.

Back
Top Bottom