Pickles the hedgehog- grumpy but so cute!

lysinlight87

I took my hedgehog's exercise wheel out to clean & didn't shut the cage properly. I left the wheel drip-drying in the bathroom. When I went to put the wheel back in I found Pickles had escaped, tracked it down & was running on it in the bathroom. Such a funny little creature- he had the freedom of the whole house & still chose his exercise wheel. He was most unimpressed when I interrupted him to return him home. I think this goes some way to proving my theory that Pickles doesn't care about the outside world so long as there's food in his bowl & his wheel to run on.

I took my hedgehog's exercise wheel out to clean & didn't shut the cage properly. I left the wheel drip-drying in the bathroom. When I went to put the wheel back in I found Pickles had escaped, tracked it down & was running on it in the bathroom. Such a funny little creature- he had the freedom of the whole house & still chose his exercise wheel. He was most unimpressed when I interrupted him to return him home. I think this goes some way to proving my theory that Pickles doesn't care about the outside world so long as there's food in his bowl & his wheel to run on.

Haha, good story. I used to have a hedgehog, but he was A 10 on the temperament scale, extremely friendly and never grumpy.

aww, I'm jealous. Pickles is so mean, even when i give him his favourite treats. Sometimes he will sleep on my lap, if I cover him with a blanket, but that's as close to affection as it gets!

aww, I'm jealous. Pickles is so mean, even when i give him his favourite treats. Sometimes he will sleep on my lap, if I cover him with a blanket, but that's as close to affection as it gets!

Yeah, mine liked to sleep on dirty socks lol, he was great, I couldn't handle the smell of his pee though.

Dam, I'm so jealous of you guys! I want a hedgehog so bad. After doing 3 hours of research on their husbandry, I found out that they are illegal to own in my state. But I guess I can't be to upset, because after I found out they were illegal, I started researching CHAMELEONS! So I guess I would never have ended up here if hedgehogs were legal in my state. I suppose everything happens for a reason!

And I agree with LazardLizzard, I WANT PICS!

I think they are soo cool but have heard differen things some tell me that there mean. others have told me there vary nice. i've always wanted one im actually thinking of getting one when i move .but new cham comes first:D

I think they are soo cool but have heard differen things some tell me that there mean. others have told me there vary nice. i've always wanted one im actually thinking of getting one when i move .but new cham comes first:D

I guess it depends, like all animals, on which hog you get. Sure there are some animals that are naturally more mean than others, but if your lucky, there's always a chance of you getting a friendly one. Post pictures if/when you get one!

Wow, he's albino? Thats pretty cool. That was nasty tho. Lol, I'm sure he was quite fond of the bath...

Back
Top Bottom