Photos of My Pets

jannb

Chameleon Enthusiast
Up first is my girl Lola on her condo. Lola is three and a half years old. I hatched her and her clutch mates in December 2017.

66E14213-850A-4A1F-9B36-049183B6D979.jpeg

Next is my blue boy Hank. Hank was two years old back in February. I hatched Hank from an egg. Here’s Hank getting weighted. He will be a daddy later on this month.

407942DF-4CA1-4E67-83F3-9643627E4A4D.jpeg

This is my sweet girl Ivy. She is the mother to my babies from last year. Ivy is two and a half years old.

92F74935-0EFA-45DD-9484-F60C6C17F146.jpeg

This is my handsome man Hunter. Hunter is just shy of 14 months old and I hatched him last March.

F10DFE6C-0DCB-4D1B-AD98-1CA196673A36.jpeg

Up next is Hunter’s sister, Angel. Angel is also almost 14 months old. I hatched Angel last March and she went to her new home over the summer and then came back to me in November when her new mom became ill.

6C6D8A6A-829E-4DB7-B2ED-0A33F851C29B.jpeg

Next is the newest member to our family, Bane. Bane is Hunter and Angel’s brother so he’s almost 14 months old. Bane just came back to me when he’s new mom was having a rough time last month. Bane loves my husband Mike.

C0A71F95-731E-49B9-BF02-B869FE110D52.jpeg

Up next you will find my other pets besides chameleons.

Teddy my tortoise. Teddy will be 8 years old this summer and I’ve had him since he was two months old.

0D3FDCE5-434A-4D6B-B51A-18AC0F5E36AB.jpeg

Next is my box turtle Bart. He’s about 50 years old and he just came up to our house about 7 and a half years ago. Bart is a really sweet boy.

E19E49D6-81B3-4D3B-9EE5-6859B28DD727.jpeg

Piper my little love is next. He’s my buddy and will be 5 years old this fall. Piper is like a little dog but better.

200F4C4B-4FB8-408A-B29C-FCB8C8AE4B9B.jpeg

Last edited:
Aww they are all so beautiful!(and handsome!) I cant believe Bart is 50! I didn’t know that box turtles live so long! I love how you said Piper is like a dog! Imagine someone breaking into your house and instead of a guard dog there’s a Guard iguana haha!🤣

Wow! Jann! I love your pets! So beautiful! :love:
Honestly, it's incredible to hear of a 50-year-old turtle!

Aww they are all so beautiful!(and handsome!) I cant believe Bart is 50! I didn’t know that box turtles live so long! I love how you said Piper is like a dog! Imagine someone breaking into your house and instead of a guard dog there’s a Guard iguana haha!🤣

Thank you! I hope Bart lives another 50 years. He’s the sweetest boy. Piper free roams our house and follows you around and he sleeps with us.
Look at the beautiful blues and yellows on Hunter!

Thank you for the nice comment.

Wow! Jann! I love your pets! So beautiful! :love:
Honestly, it's incredible to hear of a 50-year-old turtle!

Thank you for your kind words.

Thank you so much for sharing your buddies!

My pleasure! You are welcome.
Gorgeous!

Thank you!

They are all so beautiful! I’m still in love with Piper :love:

Thank you Vikki! Piper is very special.

@jannb do any of the ones that free range escape from their area and visit others?

My boys are upstairs and each have their own room. The girls are downstairs and I have one in each room. If I have a young one or a wonderer then I use a corral.

8DCC433B-3011-4FD0-869A-0AE9E7811DEC.jpeg

Last edited:
How does free roaming work with their waste droppings? It seems so amazing to me but I’m wondering how I could keep it sanitary.

They’re all so pretty Jann. If you don’t mind me asking, do you still have Hanks girlfriend?

Thank you Haley! I lost Emma after she laid the eggs. She had a prolapse and the vet was able to get it back in but it came back out so she had to have surgery and it was just to much on her weak little body.

How does free roaming work with their waste droppings? It seems so amazing to me but I’m wondering how I could keep it sanitary.

We use a thick plastic mat under the free ranges and the dropping usually go in the drip pans but occasionally go on the plastic mats.

Thanks so much for the response! Just one more question..I see a dome fixture which appears to be a heat lamp. How do you get UVB to free roaming chams

Thanks so much for the response! Just one more question..I see a dome fixture which appears to be a heat lamp. How do you get UVB to free roaming chams

The picture posted was to show the corrals I use. That was a set up for the babies to hang out on when they were not in their outside enclosures, they took turns on the little tree. It only had a small wattage basking light. My adults have condos with trees next to them and the top of the condos house UV and basking lights along with a dripper and dripper reservoir. My adults spend allot of time outside, too when the weather permits.
F18A7501-0960-427E-87CC-3124B7A45A36.jpeg

6098FE8B-BB8C-438C-B051-5BCFF802BCC9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom