photo-kerato-conjunctivitis

brandaleon

Hey everybody,
What are the symptoms that are typical of photo-kerato-conjunctivitis? I am asking because I have been using a compact flourecent in my chams cage for about a month. I just read the articles about the adverse affects of compacts; I immediately removed the light from use.

Cage Type - 18"x24"x40" screen on front and top, shower curtain walls on other sides with sofit vents in them.
Lighting - heat lamp is a incandesent 100 W. was using a compact for UV
Temperature - gradient is 70˚.basking spot is 87˚ night is about 65˚
Humidity - d/n levels. spray abundantly twice a day and offer dripping water 2 hrs./d- he sheds fine
Plants - live shceffelera arbicola
Location - in bedroom near heat vent traffic yes, not high

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - furcifer paradilis, male s-v 4", 3.5 months
Feeding - crickets and meal worms. 5-10/d
Supplements - repcal calcium w d3 every day and repcal vitamins every 4 days
Watering - misting and dripping, yes spotted him drinking
Fecal Description - normal color and regular
Current Problem- seems kinda listless, and eye turrets seem discolored-used to be green matching his body no seem kinda purple- they do remain open when supposed to.

pictures

before
/Users/brandon/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2007/lizards/100_0529.JPG
after
/Users/brandon/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2007/lizards_2/100_0536.JPG/Users/brandon/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2007/lizards_2/100_0532.JPG

brandaleon..."photokeratoconjunctivitis in lizards kept in close proximity to new high-UVB output lamps of several types. Typically, the lizard's eyelids swell up and close, and it becomes depressed and lethargic"...you can find out more at this site...
http://www.uvguide.co.uk/uvinviv.htm

Back
Top Bottom