Phone + Outside = Attack......apparently...

Brodybreaux25

Chameleon Enthusiast
Neither of my two current chams have ever puffed, hissed, or tried to bite me. Never. I’m in their vivs every other day for routine feeding and pics/videos. They both willingly walk onto both me and my son regularly. Roux has really started to color up recently so we’ve been going outside for pics lately, Momma too.

They both readily take to this, hardly change a shade once in their tree. They’d stay there all day with little to no noticeable change in behavior, just a bit darker to bask. Keep in mind these chams have an iPhone in their face at least once a week since they were hatchlings with zero defensive reactions. However, put them in a tree outside with a camera in their face and you get the exact opposite response. Hissing, puffing, biting, color flaring, lunging...all of it. Take the phone away and they calm right down. Walk around them, touch them, even put your hand above their head, still nothing. But take that phone back out of your pocket and it’s war again.

I find it interesting this only happens when they are outside.

Attachments

• 3F85C6A3-30C0-46FB-B0CE-9224DFC731C5.jpeg
    3F85C6A3-30C0-46FB-B0CE-9224DFC731C5.jpeg
    306.6 KB · Views: 128
  • 7641FCF2-1D28-48DD-B2DD-590900D0F9D0.jpeg
    7641FCF2-1D28-48DD-B2DD-590900D0F9D0.jpeg
    279.2 KB · Views: 131
  • E9CCD7A2-49EA-4E12-9885-91934DB5F02D.jpeg
    E9CCD7A2-49EA-4E12-9885-91934DB5F02D.jpeg
    230.3 KB · Views: 122
  • 83C45CBB-62DD-4D64-90B9-5B734D946956.jpeg
    83C45CBB-62DD-4D64-90B9-5B734D946956.jpeg
    223.6 KB · Views: 120
Neither of my two current chams have ever puffed, hissed, or tried to bite me. Never. I’m in their vivs every other day for routine feeding and pics/videos. They both willingly walk onto both me and my son regularly. Roux has really started to color up recently so we’ve been going outside for pics lately, Momma too.

They both readily take to this, hardly change a shade once in their tree. They’d stay there all day with little to no noticeable change in behavior, just a bit darker to bask. Keep in mind these chams have an iPhone in their face at least once a week since they were hatchlings with zero defensive reactions. However, put them in a tree outside with a camera in their face and you get the exact opposite response. Hissing, puffing, biting, color flaring, lunging...all of it. Take the phone away and they calm right down. Walk around them, touch them, even put your hand above their head, still nothing. But take that phone back out of your pocket and it’s war again.

I find it interesting this only happens when they are outside.
Oh my girl France’s HATED THE PHONE and I do mean HATE !!. One reason I have very few pics of her . She acted like a complete fool , lunge , hiss , bite the phone , She was tenacious !. so very beautiful but so very BOSSY !.

Oh my girl France’s HATED THE PHONE and I do mean HATE !!. One reason I have very few pics of her . She acted like a complete fool , lunge , hiss , bite the phone , She was tenacious !. so very beautiful but so very BOSSY !.
It’s only when outside though, that’s what makes it weird. They don’t do it when free ranging inside either. Only when out of the house....

Back
Top Bottom