Philodendron

(y) (y)

I have a love/hate relationship with that site. I love the database & info., but I hate that it can't be searched or copied/quoted (with credit). :(

(y) (y)

I have a love/hate relationship with that site. I love the database & info., but I hate that it can't be searched or copied/quoted (with credit). :(
True. I kind of take everything with a grain of salt. Not because I don't believe people but because it's not worth the risk to my cham. So I try to cross reference, search on here and get opinions before I make a final decision 😊 Especially as a new cham owner, if I don't feel fully confident enough in something, I'd rather not do it. I love my little guy too much 🥰

Oh wow! I have wanted to get a Tredescantia pallida and a bromeliad, but wasn't sure if I could put them with my veiled. Nerve plants too if I could find one (so far, no luck). I did have a croton in there but it started to die pretty quickly. I have heard that crotons are hard to keep alive though?
Croton is bulletproof if kept DRY. I have a 15 year old one in my store

Oh really? I always thought you weren't supposed to let it stay dry, at least not for too long
It needs to go bone dry, even wilting is ok, then douse it and wait till dry again. I believe it gets a lot of rain where it is native but it must have very well draining soil.

Once I was away for 3 weeks and my employees forgot to water it; the entire 30" plant was basically lying down on the ground and it magically rehydrated and stood back up when I watered it!

It needs to go bone dry, even wilting is ok, then douse it and wait till dry again. I believe it gets a lot of rain where it is native but it must have very well draining soil.

Once I was away for 3 weeks and my employees forgot to water it; the entire 30" plant was basically lying down on the ground and it magically rehydrated and stood back up when I watered it!
Wow ok. Next time I get another croton, I will definitely try that. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom