Pfefferi??

Glad there's no issues with the T. pfefferi. I should be getting a pair tomorrow, maybe some quads too. I've hatched the other 3 main species coming from Cameroon so it will be great to finally get a chance to work with these.

Awesome!!!!!! I cant wait to see some better pics of them!!!:D

Here are the 4 we got today. All look good except one which had an eye irritation, so he was dark and had one eye closed. I was hoping it was just dry shed on the lip of his lower eye lid, and it appears that was the case. He produced an orange urate and a dry looking stool in his deli cup. We'll do a fecal exam. He drank for a long time when I placed him in his cage. I misted him directly, and waited a bit and then got a damp q-tip, and my magnifying glasses, and carefully cleaned his eye. By then he was already keeping his eye open and turning a pretty green, but I cleared away the shed anyway. All drank and ate. The numbers on the deli cup lids are the gram weight including container. My batteries died in my baby scale so I was unable to get accurate weights. Will correct that later today.

BOY ONE, DARK WITH TENDER EYE:

arrival4.jpg

arrival3.jpg

arrival19.jpg

BOY 2:

arrival5.jpg

arrival6.jpg

arrival7.jpg

arrival8.jpg

GIRL 1:

arrival13.jpg

arrival11.jpg

arrival10.jpg

GIRL 2:

arrival15.jpg

arrival14.jpg

BOY 1'S EYE, AND THEN HUNTING IN HIS CAGE:

pfeff bad eye.jpg

eye doing better.jpg

eye doing better 2.jpg

That's great, Chris. Look forward to seeing your pics. I am very excited to have this species. Benny and Franklin both gave me some advice for their care. I read what was available online, but it's always good to know how folks are actually doing their set ups. I will certainly need help and advice with these guys, and welcome any info you can give.

Sandy you are realling getting into the Dark side of things...:p

This is great that you guys are getting a pair or two, now I don't have too.I can just sit back and wait for the CH babies. :D

Sandy you are realling getting into the Dark side of things...:p

This is great that you guys are getting a pair or two, now I don't have too.I can just sit back and wait for the CH babies. :D

Lord willing! You'll get to see them tomorrow, anyway, when you come down with Julie. You wanna take a couple home with you? :) (Only half joking.)

Lord willing! You'll get to see them tomorrow, anyway, when you come down with Julie. You wanna take a couple home with you? :) (Only half joking.)

YES !! and I am not joking. :D

It will be like Trick or Treat at your house tomorrow {{{mwha ahh ahhh haaa}}}} :p

My apologies to Benny

It will be like Trick or Treat at your house tomorrow {{{mwha ahh ahhh haaa}}}} :p

Well, in that case, you need to show up in costume! With a gun. And hope you make it past our vicious beagle, who happens to be a dangerous Mafia moll and registered rabbit hound. Here she is in a photo from her FBI file, while under surveillance, caught meeting with the notorious Elmer Fudd.
elmerfuddyogi.jpg

My apologies to anyone who clicked on this thread hoping to read about Pfefferi. I have now officially hijacked Benny's thread and run it into the ground.:eek:

Thought I would add that Andy, of Eco Regional, said they request Pfefferi with each shipment, but that this is the first time in years they got any. These are WC from Cameroon.

Don't tempt me, Sandy. I carry a big purse, so you had better keep a close eye on your little boys and girls. <she said with a sinister grin>

Nice looking group there, Sandy! Looks like you're going to have some eggs soon! I've got a pair coming tomorrow morning and a pair of the Rhampholeon acuminatus. Hope they look as nice as yours!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom